Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there running a Melrose dual exhaust on a C4? They look top notch. Also,there are no prices on their website,anyone know what they list for?
Thanks,
Jim B.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm ordering mine this week. Got a nice little surprise in the mail this week from my mortgage company for overpayment of escrow !!
Raid, did you ever put mufflers on that badboy ?

:partyon:

·
Registered
796 Posts
I read a post by Grumpy a little while ago and he stated it is around $1500.00 shipped. I will let you know tomorrow after I speak with them if there is any significant difference.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
never posted any sound clips in the origional thread. i'd sure like to hear how that system sounds. i think i just found what i'll be putting on my car when the body work is complete.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I have and LOVE that system. I haven't nor am I going to put mufflers on it. It just sounds too good without them:laughing: I paid $1,225 to my door on my system, they were closing out some non EGR stuff so I got a little bit off. I'll get a video of the sound for you guys in a day or two, my home internet is not working so I can't upload anything right now. The install was really pretty easy I did mine on jackstands the hardest part of the install was the pass. side header. You have to get the oil dipstick out of the block for the header to go it. I had to break mine and replace it. The drivers side was a breeze it drops in from the top. The pass. side had to come in from the bottom.
The problems with the system is it doesn't attach to the factory points at the cat so it does rattle some but I am making a bracket to fix that and the back part does NOT hook up to anything you have back there for factory mufflers you will need to have a few small pipes bent.
Check out the review in our review section.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/corvette-reviews/showproduct.php/product/142/sort/2/cat/19/page/1

·
Registered
796 Posts
Alright boys, I ordered mine today and while I didn't get the same deal Raid got, I am still happy with my decision. After trying to piece together a system using various vendors I couldn't come close to the price I got from David at Melrose. I paid $1350.00 plus freight with cats, no AIR, and of course, stainless all the way back. I'm sure if you skip the cat's you can save a few bucks. I plan on taking Raid's advice, at least until I hear the system, and foregoing mufflers at this point. If all goes well I will have the system installed this weekend and will post a clip as soon as I can afterwards.

Save the Wave !!
Par

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep, $1350 was their regular price. When I bought mine, they had two sets left, I bought one, and Raid got the last one. The system is real nice quality and is real easy to install, although I have a lift, so a lot better that laying on your back. Here's a couple pics. My car is a convertible, so I have the cross brace to help hold everything in place, so I don't have too much problem with rattles. As Raid said tho, you will have to have some pipes made to get to your mufflers.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Those sure are a nice system. So you say you got the last two, but which last two? The reason I ask is because I'd like a no EGR, no AIR and no CAT system. A hotrod exhaust if you will. Maybe I will have to contact them.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Those sure are a nice system. So you say you got the last two, but which last two? The reason I ask is because I'd like a no EGR, no AIR and no CAT system. A hotrod exhaust if you will. Maybe I will have to contact them.
They had a couple of systems made just for 85 Vettes with no emissions stuff. I'm not sure if they still make them or if they just wanted to get rid of stock sitting on shelves and only make what they sell.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts

They will make whatever you want. Check out their site, more info there.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
796 Posts
The system has been installed minus any mufflers and I cannot believe how good this thing sounds. I will post some sound clips when I get the chance. I think I will proceed with the purchase of mufflers and will have the exhaust shop re-work a few things as the tunnel on my Greenwood kit will not fit in its current set up. A few bends here and there and everything should tuck up nicely.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well, i am going to post up a quick sound clip but the sound is poor at best. Seems my poor ole digital camera isn't really up to recording quality video/sound. When I get a chance I will get some better quality clips.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Sounds good. THe pipes just end at the elbows, right? That is why the sound is so muddled. When you run the pipes out the back it cleans it up a ton as well as eliminating resonance.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yes sir, it ends at the elbows. It really sounds sooo much better than the video makes it seem. It is VERY loud in it's current state, I love it, but I am going to take it to the exhaust shop some time this week to finish it up. My buddy who did the install has all the clamps with the bolts on the bottom and they are dragging on the driveway. Not sure if I am going to have the joints welded or just turn the clamps 45 degrees. While it is there I am going to have either mufflers installed or just have them run the pipes out the back. I'm not sure what I am going to do appearance wise, having a single outlet with that tunnel I have isn't going to look right. Any suggestions on exhaust tips? LT1, ZR1, KDB sytle ?

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
Reid,

That really sounds good!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts