Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for about 4-5 months, Ive been getting the low tire presure on both back tires. so in my driveway I tried taking the back ones off with a pair of pliers and broke off the thread which in turn let all the air out of my tire. well after cussing for about 2 monutes, I composed myself and took the tire off to get regular valve stem caps put on and junked the old tire pressure sensors. i went and had the other wheel in the rear taken off and replaced with a normal valve stem cap. is their a way to stop the dic from saying only drive 55mph, and the tire is flat and all? or do I have to buy new tpms sensors?

·
Registered
976 Posts
so for about 4-5 months, Ive been getting the low tire presure on both back tires. so in my driveway I tried taking the back ones off with a pair of pliers and broke off the thread which in turn let all the air out of my tire. well after cussing for about 2 monutes, I composed myself and took the tire off to get regular valve stem caps put on and junked the old tire pressure sensors. i went and had the other wheel in the rear taken off and replaced with a normal valve stem cap. is their a way to stop the dic from saying only drive 55mph, and the tire is flat and all? or do I have to buy new tpms sensors?

your avatar shows you have a 2002 i know in 2002 you have the ability to do so with a tech 2(dealership)...but that may only be z06 specific

·
Registered
582 Posts
How were you going to repair the sensor or remove it with it still mounted on the car?? The only way to get to it is to remove the tire, or atleast break the bead.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
How were you going to repair the sensor or remove it with it still mounted on the car?? The only way to get to it is to remove the tire, or atleast break the bead.
:agree:

You have to have the TPM's tuned out with a Tech II. That's the only way.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Search the tpm threads for the monitor. last i bought 4 new ones. and , i believe i paid about 30 - 40 dollars apiece. they work great.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill definately have to check that out. note to all people with their oem tire sensors: the cap and screw are aluminum, so if you try to twist them off, and you cant, odds are that you are going to pop off the valve and let all the air out of the tire! at least thats what happened to me....

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Ill definately have to check that out. note to all people with their oem tire sensors: the cap and screw are aluminum, so if you try to twist them off, and you cant, odds are that you are going to pop off the valve and let all the air out of the tire! at least thats what happened to me....
Well, there is a specific way to remove them as someone else posted and that consist of at least popping the bead. That's why it should be done at a tire shop.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it woulda been nice if I knew about it, lol:laughing:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am having trouble understanding what you were trying to do with the tire still mounted on the car?
Just go and buy new ones, They are worth having, They can save you a lot of trouble in the long run.
Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts