Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Junkman just got my metal polishing kit for my exhaust tips, was looking for one of your nearly world famous "show me" videos... are there any around? Or can you give me directions / pointers?

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Metal polishings pretty simple... if you're using our system start with MP#1 on a microfiber app and about a dime sized blob of product rub it into the surface and you should start seeing a black transfer. Repeat as needed.

Remove the residue.

Next take MP#2 and a fresh microfiber applicator and repeat the exact same process.

If you have stubborn exhasut soot anywhere you can use #0000 steel wool to break up the problems then go thru the process from the beginning again.

Also check out this video to see the process... on your tips its the same process, just working in a tighter space.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-602-adams-metal-polish-1-2-combo.aspx#video

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I haven't done any videos on this yet because my pipes are still new looking.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I agree with Dylan on the #0000 steel wool used with a light touch for really stubborn soot spots. I have used it on my '09 NPP exhaust tips and on my daughter's Lexus IS250 exhaust tips. It didn't appear to scratch anything to me. After that, polishing is easy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use MP#1 with my Mother's mini powerball and it was like it was made for the Borla quad tips! It even works great on the Tips of the Malibu daily driver.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
A.J. do you recommend the same thing for my side pipes? I'm scared that the polish is gonna get stuck in the tiny holes.

Suggestions?

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
A.J. do you recommend the same thing for my side pipes? I'm scared that the polish is gonna get stuck in the tiny holes.

Suggestions?

Metal polish (both 1 & 2) are very thin liquids, so no real concern about them getting stuck in there... and even if you did get a little residue a pass with a towel would knock it out of there easily.

Metal polishes are very different than paint polishes in composition... I think they'd make that sidepipe look spectacular!! Before and after pics will be a must IMO :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Metal polish (both 1 & 2) are very thin liquids, so no real concern about them getting stuck in there... and even if you did get a little residue a pass with a towel would knock it out of there easily.

Metal polishes are very different than paint polishes in composition... I think they'd make that sidepipe look spectacular!! Before and after pics will be a must IMO :thumbsup:
O.K. then I'll have to order it cause it didn't come in my "junkman kit." Thanks for the reply.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts

Suggestions?
Hey Jeannie, when you start to polish those pipes, work the polish for a minute on a area that has no holes and then move to the holes. That will give the polish a minute to start breaking down and will then be a non-issue.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Hey Jeannie, when you start to polish those pipes, work the polish for a minute on a area that has no holes and then move to the holes. That will give the polish a minute to start breaking down and will then be a non-issue.
That's a good tip, thanks A.J.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts