Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is it me or are there less choices from Michelin? I can't find the PS2 non run flat anymore, it's discontinued.

Samething for my wife's car, can't find any HydroEdge anymore.

Is it due to the economy or a new line up or no more standard tires, only runflats?

:huh:

a++ Cedric

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i could never afford michelins, so i have no idea lol

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

In answer to future potential questions:

1. I need very quiet tires, compliant to Euro Specs as I will probably be going back to France shortly.

2. I need non run flat because my TPMS is disabled and I can't get it to work.

Thanks,

Cedric

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i could never afford michelins, so i have no idea lol
Hi,

You may spend more upfront but IMO you get your money worth's.

I put the hydroedge on the Sienna and they're good, darn thing is that Michelin is not making them anymore MOFO.

a++ Cedric

·
Registered
212 Posts
The run flat MichelinPilot Sport A/S Plus ZP are extremely good tires. this is one case in which you get more than what you pay for. I put them on my C6 after wearing out the stock Supercar tires in about 14K miles of easy driving :down:. I tried some high performance Hankooks and took them off because they wer not run flats. I went for the Michelins because of the wear rating (500 UTOG!) and the all season (rain) capabilities. When I had them put on my car the tires are much, much better than the crappy OEM Good years and better than the Hankooks. Better ride, quieter, better traction, better wear. There was no comparison. I bought a set of them (non run flats) for my wifes Maxima and she loves them! You can't go wrong with those Michelins :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Hi,

You may spend more upfront but IMO you get your money worth's.

I put the hydroedge on the Sienna and they're good, darn thing is that Michelin is not making them anymore MOFO.

a++ Cedric
i have traditionally run BFG Gforce TA KDW2's, not the stickiest tire anymore, but they are pretty good, and they are a 35k+ mile tire...and cheap

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I'm on the second variation of the same tire on my wife's car. They tend to change a lot as technology improves, but that also forces people to buy full sets if they want them to match. I don't see much difference in the last two versions other than the graphics on the side.

I know they've changed some of their AT tires to show the snowflake, but that shouldn't apply to yours.
:huh:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still see them in stock on the Tirerack for the sizes I need on my GS. :huh:
Tirerack only has ZP in all season. I do not want ZP because the TPMS is none functional on my car. :thumbsup:

The none ZP are pure summer, which doesn't align with my driving style :D

A side question being until what temperature can you drive a pure summer tire. :huh:

a++ Cedric

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Tirerack only has ZP in all season. I do not want ZP because the TPMS is none functional on my car. :thumbsup:

A side question being until what temperature can you drive a pure summer tire. :huh:

a++ Cedric
you know its too cold when you are walking with the trouser snake out and you need to put a hat on it

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have traditionally run BFG Gforce TA KDW2's, not the stickiest tire anymore, but they are pretty good, and they are a 35k+ mile tire...and cheap
My "cheap" tires on the vette are the Avon M550, I am going to sell them when I leave, if there is interest, because none compliant in France.

a++ Cedric

·
Registered
212 Posts

a++ Cedric
Why do you not want the run flats? Even if your TPMS is not working, the tires will still work and you can definitely tell if they are getting low on air. I thought to use non-run flats but I thought about the possibility of a flat tire and all the scenarios look very bad. The car has no place to carry a jack and I don't even know where or how you would put a jack under the Vette with a flat tire. You could use a fix-a-flat, but only if the tire failure is not catastrophic. If you call a wrecker you'll end up stranded for who knows how long and then they definitely mess up your car even getting on a flat bed... I would probably use run flats even with the problem you have at least until you can get it fixed.

The summer tires begin to get pretty scary when temps drop below 50 deg F and get much worse in wet conditions. The all season on the other hand, can even handle snow. I drove my C6 straight up my very steep driveway on fresh snow and drove the car down the street with absolutely no problems. Summer tires are pretty good in hot clear weather, but suck under adverse conditions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts