Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This issue of ---------- features a discussion with some analysts and experts about the direction the next Corvette is going to take and the possibility is entertained that a mid-engined 'Vette could be sold alongside a tradtional one.

key facts

* Final designs have been submitted to Ed Wellburn from design teams this June.
* C7 (GMX711) will debut in 2011, coinciding with Chevrolet's centennial.
* One possibility is for a mid-engined platform to be shared between Chevy (s/c V8) and Cadillac (V12).
* Due to hamstrung V8s in the mid/late-1970s, designers heavily explored mid-engined V6 powertrains for the C4. Many of those concepts ended up in the Pontiac Fiero.

-----------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mid-engine?

While the idea entertains, the last line of that article couldn't be more true (I'm para-phrasing): "Ferrari's mid-engines have had problems with wealthy owners who don't know how to drive them." I think a Chevy, mid-engine sports car would be a real treat (former Fiero owner here), however the Vette is not the place to start wrenching.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Sorry, that company/magazine is banned from this site for previous spamming. I'm sure you noticed their URL is blocked. We'll send no one to them.

Lastly, they play games with the Corvette community. Every time you read one of their articles you have to think whether it's a joke or not.:rolleyes:

Please don't link to them, it's not like their info is worth discussing anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts