Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger seat and passenger door arm rest (black) have a milky color to them. The passenger seat is like new, but I think the previous owner had a passenger wearing shorts that had either a lot of lotion, sunblock, or bug juice on and it caused a discoloration. I have tried regular Armor All and the new Armor All Gel and it doesn't do anything but make it slightly shinier.
Anyone know a product out there that will bring back the rich black color?
Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lexol cleaner and lexol conditioner. works great and will help restore your seats. I believe Adams also has a great cleaner conditioner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
DISCLAMER !!!!
ONLY TRY THIS AS A LAST RESORT!!!!
If nothing else works.
I mean nothing.
MINERAL SPIRITS ON A CLEAN CLOTH THEN ANY leather lotion.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Can you post a pic? There are some great leather restorers out there that provide great results.

<----Check with Adam's. There link is over there in the supporting vendors.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have taken a before and after picture. I tried the Lexol cleaner and then the conditioner and it seemed to work real well. In the lighted garage it got the haze to disapear. I'll let you know if it lasts until the morning and then see what it looks like in the sunlight which is where you could really notice it. I think it did the trick and just in time for the Skyline Drive, VA corvette run this weekend.
Thanks fellas

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
That's a blast of a run. Looks like you'll have great weather for Skyline. Take it easy on those turns. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts