Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the general consensus on doing mini tubs instead of wide body? Am I loading up the rear suspension too much, bearing issues, etc? If so, what do I do to counteract it? Hey Doug, if you are lurking, what do you think? I want to get a 345 under the rear with DR for straight line acceleration. I will continue to use my 305 35 18 R888s for rounding corners...........

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Make sure you have someone do it who knows what they are doing. Shock mounts must be relocated when tubbing a C6.

:cheers:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pic and info.

I would think that ECS has the knowledge and skill to do the work. If not, there is always Pep Boys:devil:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Thanks for the pic and info.

I would think that ECS has the knowledge and skill to do the work. If not, there is always Pep Boys:devil:
ECS has a proved their competence with track records and satisfied customers. Unfortunately there are a lot of shops in your area that fall between ECS and PEP Boys and a couple that I would trust PEP boys over letting them touch my car.

A less radical and similar cost mod might be to add GS wide rear fenders to your car. GS rears are cheaper than Z06 or ZR1 rear quarters.

Do your research and you will be fine.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
A less radical and similar cost mod might be to add GS wide rear fenders to your car. GS rears are cheaper than Z06 or ZR1 rear quarters.
C5 guy here -> Are all those fenders the same size? My guess is the GS and Z06 fenders are with the ZR1 fenders being wider?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Do you lose the ability to store your top with tubbing?

I believe GS/Z06/ZR1 rear quarters are all the same size. I think it's just the front fenders on the ZR1 that are slightly larger? There are people who run 345s without issue on GS/Z quarters.

If you want even bigger check ZR1 bodykits .com (for some reason it wont let me post the link)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I believe GS/Z06/ZR1 rear quarters are all the same size. I think it's just the front fenders on the ZR1 that are slightly larger? There are people who run 345s without issue on GS/Z quarters.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Do you lose the ability to store your top with tubbing?

If you want even bigger check ZR1 bodykits .com (for some reason it wont let me post the link)
The LPE Tub Kit retains the ability to store the top.

GS, Z06 & ZR1 rears are the same size but the GS is plastic vs. Carbon Fiber and are cheaper.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Do your research and you will be fine.:thumbsup:

I don't want to do the widebody, am trying to fight it and want other options. Cost has not been an issue so far so why go the cheap route now when I want something different. Not a fan of the J-LO wide booty....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts