Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
If I were trying to figure out what to do, I'd just give them a call. I'm sure they'll base their recommendation on what you've done or plan to do.

Steven

·
Registered
51 Posts
mini ram

Are there different kinds of miniram on tpis? The website (http://www.tpis.com/index.php?module=catalog_page&catalogPageNumber=17&catalogSubCategory=MiniRam+Manifold) shows four different ones you can buy all at the same price 505 518 519 530 one of them is the "fast burn" what does that mean? Which one do i need? If i plan on using afr heads and a mild cam?
i believe that the 1204, 1205 & 1206 referes to Fel-pro intake gaskets i believe
that they port match to these i believe that the fast burn referes to GM fastburn heads the have a different intake bolting pattern i think.
i would go with the zz-9 cam from Tpis, nice mild cam with 1.6 roller rocker arms, don't buy your heads from TPiS!! they are way to expensive get 'em from AFR they are 1,000 dollars cheaper you don't need all that custom port work they do to them with a mild cam. A few months ago AFR relased a new casting that makes 20 more hp than the old ones. Edlebrock also revised and released new E-Tech
heads about a year ago the small volume one for 350 cubic inch engines
makes great hp, i think 180cc heads. patriot also re-did their cheap aluminum
they sell for only 795 dollars. your set up would do fine with 52mm trottle body and 24 or 26 pound injectors you don't need 30lbs'ers. TPiS only makes the 2nd design mini-ram now. they do in house cnc stuff these days i would recommend the TPiS headers and 3:73 gears for your combo
and TPis will sell you the stage VI chip and fuel rail to run mini-ram cost of
miniram and stuff about 2,500 bucks 3k with the headers car will be fast
and live-able great combo over 400hp at fly wheel reves to 6300 rpms.
add slicks and 150 hp nos for the streep and hold on!!!!! : partyon:

·
Registered
51 Posts
right mini-ram

i think 1204 for standard gasket, 1205 just a little bigger for most ported or aftermarket heads, 1206 are the biggest ones and u would want to port match to get best results. when you pick ur heads find out which gaskets
are needed match to mini-ram. all they / you do is lay gasket over inlet opening, and scribe a mark on the lip of entrance any extra metal is cut way
so intake, gasket and heads all have the same size hole or inlet no restictions
or lip. air flow without hitting a lip and slowing it down. so it all depends on the heads u buy. regular car guys go for the 1206 and port both heads and intake to match remember you can port match both its good That TPiS
does the intake for you and sells you the gaskets. Joe/DC crew gave you good advice AFR eliminators you would want the 1206 if you get the competition ported version. i don't think u need it with mild cam. zzx cam is bigger than the zz-9 but bigger cams are the have draw backs and can affect
things like brakes and vacum assesories and some times idle like crap. #1 mistake is over camming a car for your use .558 lift would be where i draw the line and i wouldn't go pass 230 to 240 duration at .050 thou.

·
Registered
51 Posts
mini ram

yes the zz-9 cam is from TPiS, the roller rocker arms 1:6 casn be had too
you may need the valve springs they recommend if the ones you get with your heads r not strong enough.....jarrod:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts