Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me the name of a company/person that could restore the inside rear view mirror for my 81'. I have not been able to locate an original Guide nos.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Can someone give me the name of a company/person that could restore the inside rear view mirror for my 81'. I have not been able to locate an original Guide nos.

I've used this company with good results.

http://www.mirrorresilvering.com/

Reflections Again
1260-H Yard Ct.
San Jose, CA 95133

408-971-8389

Cost was $40 for a side mirror...I think a rear view would be the same.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
How hard is it to get the mirror out of the hoder though ?

A simple screw releases the mirror assembly from the glass.

I'm not familiar with the '81 glass but it'll be a black plastic case with either screws or clips holding it together. Just inspect it and it should be clear how to disassemble it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D B thanks for the referal, called the guy this past week, said he could do it for $40.00. Only problem is I can't senf the whole mirror. I need to take it out and send it to him. My question is how to take it out? Is there a single screw in the back that keeps it together? Once it's apart, does the mirror just come out or is adhered to something? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
D B thanks for the referal, called the guy this past week, said he could do it for $40.00. Only problem is I can't senf the whole mirror. I need to take it out and send it to him. My question is how to take it out? Is there a single screw in the back that keeps it together? Once it's apart, does the mirror just come out or is adhered to something? Any advice is appreciated.

I've never taken one of those older mirrors apart.

Have you inspected it yet? Look it over and see if it's held together by screws or clips. Just jump in and start taking it apart. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts