Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know this is a C3 forum, but hardly anyone posts in the C2 section, and I take help wherever I can get it.

My other project car is a 63 convertible, and I want to give just a few little mods to set it apart. I was looking at the fender vent design for the new C6 ZR1 and thinking how well it would fit in with the design of the 63 front fender. Has any seen this done, and more importantly...is there anyone out there fabricating custom panels with this sort of look?

Thanks again.

-Eli

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
haven't heard or seen anyone doing that. Maybe a quick photoshop would be in order?

·
Supporting Vendor
3,785 Posts
Don't know about the body mods but I'd be looking at the IRS and brake upgrades.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know about the body mods but I'd be looking at the IRS and brake upgrades.:thumbsup:

Yeah, some sort of upgrade is in the plan, but I haven't decided whether to go with improvements to the current chassis or to just roll a new Street Shop chassis under and call it a day.

Can anything by done to make the stock '63 non-posi unit into something worthwhile, or is it better to just start with a better, later-model IRS diff?

·
Supporting Vendor
3,785 Posts
I'm building a 63 diff now in fact. If you have an original car and want to keep it then that's the way to go. If originality isn't an issue,doesn't sound like it, then I would go with a 71-79 core and build it to your application. I not use nor recommend a stock built diff, they're ok but if you have it out and apart why not built it better? That open diff case can be rebuilt if the spiders are bad but it's much better to go to posi.

I've setup later c3 disc brakes on 63-64 and they work out well.

The stock axles are pretty much the same through the run, the 63-64 a little different but strenghtwise not much different then the later disc brake axles. Be careful as the import spindles are no where as good as the USA spindles.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The C6 set up is pretty awesome. A couple years bac, I got an estimate from Trey for a C4 chassis, but I've been wondering how much more the C6 goes for. I wouldn't expect the frame itself to be much more, and if you could pick up a wrecked C6, that might be the best option. There's a totalled Z06 on eBay right now that I'm watching just to see what it goes for. I think I'd like to try the full, radical custom number with the transaxle in the rear. Lots of custom fiberglass work to put the floors back together, but it might be worth it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pretty subtle as it looks as if the C6 ZR1 vents are modled after the 63 C2

Thanks! That's exactly what I have in mind except I wouldn't attempt to bring the line back through the door like on the C6 ZR1. That looks pretty sweet to me.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Wow!!! that does look pretty good. Also you could go this route. I found these pics on the other forum under the C7 guessing what it looks like posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts