Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone used k&n airboxes and if so was there a noticeable increase in induction noise? power difference?

also, anyone have any experience with mallett? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
158 Posts
anyone used k&n airboxes and if so was there a noticeable increase in induction noise? power difference?

also, anyone have any experience with mallett? thanks for the help.
I have the K&N Aircharger on mine....LOVE IT!! Noticeable sound, power and don't forget the carbon fiber BLING!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have about 200 miles on mine.
Very pleased... great sound.
Really notice the difference in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.
Feels like it could rev to 8,000 rpm!
Easy to install - very cool carbon fiber.
Paid $340.00 for mine... huge bang for the buck.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Glad you asked... I have had a K&N Aircharger on my Ford Focus (daily driver) for four years now. I am so in love with the K&N Aircharger that I just ordered one for my C6 (and it arrived yesterday!!).

Immediate results - Noticeably quicker throttle response, you'll be able to see it on your tach right away. The needle jumps much quicker. Also, the beautiful sound!! Its not a gaudy ricer noise, its a deep sucking sound that lets you know your engine is breathing better. Combine that with a set of stingers out the back and you are set:thumbsup:

Long Term Results - Better Gas Mileage (probably 2mpg better), no wasted money on a new filter every few oil changes, less wear and tear on the motor since the oil filtration element actually keeps crap out.

Just my .02:buhbye:

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have the K&N on my 07 Z06. I Like it. I don't notice any different sound though.

At the track my car went 11.70 @ 119 with a 1.78 60' with just the K&N cold air kit. I want to say I paid $189 for it at Jegs.com. Installed it myself in less than 1 hour.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the money you cant beat K&N for the Z06 LS7. I have one and would do it again in a heartbeat. Ram air systems are overrated and cost you twice the price. Even if I didn't care about money I would still do a k&n just because the mouth to the filter is the largest on all cold air induction systems

·
Registered
939 Posts
:agree: To support that even further, with a little custom work and about $10 in extra parts, you can create a ram-air effect with the K&N, I posted a thread about it in the C6 Aftermarket section called 'Cutting the Shroud' and some friends on here give some great pointers on how to squeeze an extra 5 or 6 horsepower out of the K&N Aircharger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts