Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am doing a frame off modification to my 78 Vette, and will be building a Big Block for it. My goals are to reach about 500-550 HP.

I am looking into buying a 700R4 trans for the Vette. I have found a company that offers high performance built overdrive transmissions. The package I am interested in is their Level 3 Extreme Duty trans that will handle up to 600 HP. http://www.700r4.com/trans/level3.html

I was wondering if anyone has any dealings with this company, and what do you think of them?

Thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I've talked with them a couple of times about a 200R swap into my 72. I also did a little research into a few others that build and sell aftermarket swaps. Bottom line, BowTie is my choice to deal with.

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TwinTurbo said:
?? LOL where is my sweet looking vette? Are you sure you are talking about my car? ;) :D

this is my car.. well.. what's left of it:
I thought the web link was your Vette! :surprised

Good to meet you!

Bill

·
Registered
746 Posts
After destroying 3 built 700R4's and 4 torque converters I gave up on the automatics and went to a 5 speed overdrive and wish I had gone that route before spending all the money on the automatics.
While the 4L80E is a fantastic transmission it is costly, heavy and needs a computer to control it. You can buy the stand alone computer but it too is costly. One of my friends went that route with a all aluminum 540 and he spent over $5000CDN doing the swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts