Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay who gets better fuel millage with there mods? and more RWHP at the same time?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Basicly, any mod that helps your engine to breathe easier or reduces drag will have a beneficial effect on HP abnd MPG. That would include basic bolt-ons, intake, air filter, usually exhaust and headers, UD pullie, etec...

And lets not forget a tune. To meet emissions they have these engines running quite rich, particulary when cold. That causes a reduction in NOx out-put but at a detriment to overall engien efficency.

If you can find gas with out Ethanol in it will give you both also. We are at 10% here and I've heard they are looking to go to 15%. Quick Fill was the last to convert but now they onlly offer blends as well.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
A+A supercharger kit, Melrose headers, random tech cats, x-pipe, Borla touring mufflers, 6 psi alky, 573 RWHP 495 RWTQ, still get 25+ mpg:partyon: when i drive normal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
My first LPE 403 w 501 rwhp got slightly better mileage than my stock LS2. I got 29mpg average from here to Houston on 45. Best in the stock LS2 was 28.x from here to Ark through OK.

Current big motor has only managed 26.7 on the road.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys looking to doing more mods for my vette.:D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
My first mods were a CAI, electric water pump coated SS LG headers and a Corsa sport exhaust system. With this setup, I consistently recorded 24 mpg in town and 33 on highway trips running a cruise of 75mph. The numbers were calculated using the gals of fuel divided into the miles driven, not the on board computer. The ECM recorded mileage about 3 % lower.

Currently I am running an overdriven ProCharger, 60 # Marren injectors, Typhoon intake manifold and a performance tune, 550 rwhp) and I get 20 in town and 29 on the road.

I could probably do better, but, it's hard to not use the horsepower. Too much fun. Under boost, it really drinks the 93 octane.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ethanol does NOT increase fuel mileage. It reduces it. You burn about 30-35% more fuel with E85 than with straight gasonline. Ethanol contains less energy content by volume than does gasoline. Therefor, the more ethanol content, the more fuel the engine has to burn to produce the same power.

Ethanol is a big scam anyway. :laughing:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ethanol does NOT increase fuel mileage. It reduces it. You burn about 30-35% more fuel with E85 than with straight gasonline. Ethanol contains less energy content by volume than does gasoline. Therefor, the more ethanol content, the more fuel the engine has to burn to produce the same power...Ethanol is a big scam anyway.
Absolutely.
The mere fact anyone would have to say that is indicative of how dumbed-down people have become. :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts