Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll soon be starting my search for a z06 prob a 08 next year and was thinking what were the mod's to the car to make it the best for the street ie... better seats , suspension , intakes, exhausts etc... if anyone could give me my shopping list for how to fill in any diff icinces it would help

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I'd do a CAI intake, B&B exhaust and kooks or arh headers

Then I'd change all the rotors to Brembo Sports and do a set of Hawk pads

After that maybe a set of Lg motorsport Coils overs or Phadt coilovers and then you'll be in Heaven or the same thing rather :laughing:

Bon

·
Registered
3,180 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I suggest you improve the driver before starting on the car, Not being nasty as I have owned a Z06 and if you have to ask about Mods to improve the car, The Z06 will far out preform you abilities to drive it.

This is just friendly advice...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I suggest you improve the driver before starting on the car, Not being nasty as I have owned a Z06 and if you have to ask about Mods to improve the car, The Z06 will far out preform you abilities to drive it.

:agree:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts

very true, but rspike also talked about better seats ... ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
very true, but rspike also talked about better seats ... ;)
I agree about the seats. They are fine for trips of no longer than a couple of hours or so. But, anything over that they get quite uncomfortable.

But iI still havent seen any seats that don't look "after market" that I would replace mine with.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Had no problems with the seats in mine, drove it all over the country, 45,000 miles, on and off the track. I have a set of Sparco Pro 2000 seats that I would trade for a set of C5 or C6 seats...:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mods

to iburke you have no idea as to how i drive or operate equipment now do you ?just a little friendly advise first know you're enemy stupid! !but for some insight i've driven or operated everything like i stole it (some i did ) since i was 10 years old from bikes ,carts,trucks,tower cranes in nyc ,boats, airplanes etc...To all the others thank you for you're time and insightfull answers

·
Registered
145 Posts
to iburke you have no idea as to how i drive or operate equipment now do you ?just a little friendly advise first know you're enemy stupid! !but for some insight i've driven or operated everything like i stole it (some i did ) since i was 10 years old from bikes ,carts,trucks,tower cranes in nyc ,boats, airplanes etc...To all the others thank you for you're time and insightfull answers
If you have never driven a C6 Z06, then you need to take a little advice. IT WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DON' T RESPECT IT. They DO NOT compare to driving a crane or any of the things you have listed above. They are a serious performance car. Therfore, you can get in over your head real quick. When things go wrong in this type of car, they get real bad, real quick, and with very little warning. I have seen first hand what happens to people that have had the same attitude as you about this kind of car. Some are still here and some are not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mods

still haven't learned you're lesson hu? As I said you don't know what I driven do you ? You assume you know ,learn to behave and listen to what I hope you're mother tried to teach you ( if you don't have anthing nice to say ) well you get the rest I hope, just a little friendly advice , P.S when you can handle 5 tons in 30 mph winds 600 feet above nyc and land it with in 1 foot missing all there fingers and toes or land an aircraft in a strong cross wind on the water under a nyc bridge then you can tell me about feel and control of mechanical things ok? Now grow up and say you're sorry for you're rude post

/

·
Registered
145 Posts
still haven't learned you're lesson hu? As I said you don't know what I driven do you ? You assume you know ,learn to behave and listen to what I hope you're mother tried to teach you ( if you don't have anthing nice to say ) well you get the rest I hope, just a little friendly advice , P.S when you can handle 5 tons in 30 mph winds 600 feet above nyc and land it with in 1 foot missing all there fingers and toes or land an aircraft in a strong cross wind on the water under a nyc bridge then you can tell me about feel and control of mechanical things ok? Now grow up and say you're sorry for you're rude post

/
I'm not trying to be rude. I am just saying what this car will do. I have raced all my life. And have driven some potent cars. I now build Sprint Cup cars for Hendrick Motorsports. So I feel I have some experience in this type of car. When you can come out of a turn at 150 mph, sideways, with 25 feet or less to use and get it back under control, I will listen. Everything you talk about won't do that. The C6 Z06 will. So it appears you have no experience in that arena. And I am a Multi engine, IFR, Commerical pilot. 4000+ hours.

And I know you have never done this: or land an aircraft in a strong cross wind on the water under a nyc bridge
If you did,You would be in jail, and not on DC. Or is your real name Capt. Sully?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Pretty hostile attitude for a Corvette owner on a Corvette forum. Oh, that's right....:smack

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
I would just buy the car and go from there. There isn't really much to do, it's a great car. The upgrade I want to do is the Carbon Brakes.

Here's a way to tell if you need instructions on how to drive a high powered car. If you hold the shifter between shifts and don't hold the 3 and 9 steering wheel position, then you suck as a driver.

Jr.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
This thread gave me a laugh before bed tonight. To the OP just drive the car.

·
Registered
206 Posts

/
There's no reason to be a Dick, you wanted help/input or you wouldn't have randomly asked on a Corvette Forum.
TIRES, you'll need lots of TIRES!

Either get the Vette or go back to dreaming about the Ferrari.. Ohh by the way this is a friendly Corvette Forum.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There's no reason to be a Dick, you wanted help/input or you wouldn't have randomly asked on a Corvette Forum.
TIRES, you'll need lots of TIRES!

Either get the Vette or go back to dreaming about the Ferrari.. Ohh by the way this is a friendly Corvette Forum.

:laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I would just buy the car and go from there. There isn't really much to do, it's a great car. The upgrade I want to do is the Carbon Brakes.

Here's a way to tell if you need instructions on how to drive a high powered car. If you hold the shifter between shifts and don't hold the 3 and 9 steering wheel position, then you suck as a driver.

Jr.
Carbon ceramic brakes are on my wish list as well. But I wonder if those type of brakes are feasible without an integrated approach like the Z07 package offers ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Based upon the origional posters ability to write a proper post without a million rude immature comments, and a bunch of grammatical and spelling errors, I would say he's a little kid just dreaming. If infact the OP is an adult with said experiece, I feel sorry for him.

FAIL

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts

I am 65 years old and have been driving since I was 8, thats about 57 years of experience in driving tractors, cars, trucks, open wheel and closed wheel race cars, air planes, semi trucks, combines, bulldozers, earth moving equipment, front loaders, fork lifts, back hoes, Submarines(the nuke type.), T3 to A6's. I have driven open wheel on the Kansas Speedway above 170 MPH, I have driven a C5 on the Bonneville Salt flats at 180 MPH,

This subject has come up on DC before and we have seen many a Z06 destroyed. Your head is the first part that is going to fail you in a Super Car. I did not give that advice to insult you, But to help you. We conceder DC family and try to help every one.

I see you fly, So conceder that if you are a single engine pilot you would not fly a multi engine plane with out more training. You did not indicate that you had any experience in 500+HP cars. and I advised accordingly.

If you were just being a smart ass with your reply, I happen to be a moderator and can take care of that problem for you.

But if you were just being stupid as a helpful member I can take care of that also.

So I guess its your choice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts