Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A really original name... The Chrysler Firepower. :rolleyes:

With the 425hp/420trq 6.1L Hemi.

Base price ~$50,000
I guess this is Vette Competition.
It is just a concept, but it might work.

I just picked up the newest Car and Driver, and it's on the front page, and has a big story on it. Looking online, here are a couple of pics.





[Ref./Photo Credits: www.rsportscars.com]

Even though these pics are computer generated, I cant really tell much of a difference in the "real" one and the computer one.

Est performance:
0-60 in 4.5s
1/4 mile in 12.8 @ 112

Other:
3400 lbs
5spd auto with manumatic shifting
Mpg= 14/19

Im not too crazy about it... I think they should go back the the drawing board... oh well... At least it has a Viper chassis. :drink:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
20,699 Posts
Derek88 said:


Est performance:
0-60 in 4.5s
1/4 mile in 12.8 @ 112

Other:
3400 lbs
5spd auto with manumatic shifting
Mpg= 14/19

Im not too crazy about it... I think they should go back the the drawing board... oh well... At least it has a Viper chassis. :drink:
I agree.

Weight: too heavy

Manumatic: never heard good things, people will want a REAL manual shift.

MPG: Horrible. A Viper chassis and Viper-like MPG. :nuts:

It looks eh-ok from the front, side view it looks FUGLY! It's a mockery of the Crossfire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,710 Posts
Re: Re: Mopar's V8 RWD Sports car!

dan85Vette said:


Manumatic: never heard good things, people will want a REAL manual shift.

Not really, most Corvettes sold are automatics, Ferrari has the F1 trans with paddle shifters, Porsche has the Tiptronic and BMW has the SMG. Corvette is actually behind the competition because they do not offer a 5 or 6 speed auto with sequential shifting. MB even has a 7 speed auto available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Mopar's V8 RWD Sports car!

Arnie said:
Not really, most Corvettes sold are automatics,
That's just because a lot of people who drive corvettes just want the car for the body and not the performance. You know the type I'm talking about. The ones that would never be able to tell you how an engine works.

Anyway, I would definately not take that over a C6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Mopar's V8 RWD Sports car!

Arnie said:
Not really, most Corvettes sold are automatics, Ferrari has the F1 trans with paddle shifters, Porsche has the Tiptronic and BMW has the SMG. Corvette is actually behind the competition because they do not offer a 5 or 6 speed auto with sequential shifting. MB even has a 7 speed auto available.
There's a big difference, though, between automatics with a manual override (like Porsche's Tiptronic), and sequential manual transmissions with effectively automated clutches (like Ferrari's F1 system). Just because a system is sequential, doesn't make it good. Look at the utter crap sequential system Toyota used on the MR2 the last few years. It posted substantially slower times than the regular manual.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,628 Posts
Patrick said:
I saw that before. It's a work of art.:thud:

Art who??:huh: :laughing: :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,710 Posts
Vette_Newb said:
Revamped crossfire.

:rolleyes:
I don't think so, this was built using a Viper chassis(performance, handling), the Crossfire is based on a MB chassis(comfort, crusing). Two totally different cars.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top