Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been a topic since......well forever....
today I cranked the 72 and tried to raise the wiper door, nothing. I jiggeled and wiggeled the switch, nothing. so then I tried the headlights, they would burn but wouldn't come up. both worked fine a week ago. could some one help me with some advice on where to start troubleshooting.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Check the Vacuum hoses. Especially the ones to the reservoir tank. Probably came loose.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine is running strong. All lines are attached. That is what i dont understand

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Check your vacuum at the tank. If ok Start checking the vacuum at your control lines. Get a diagram for your system.
Is a realy simple system works like a two way electical switch.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never thought of it like that Burk! it is only a switch. I'm gonna check pressure today. Thx!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Operation of lights and wipers is 100% electrical and you say the lights come on. Wipers will probably work but not with the wiper door closed.

Opening and closing headlight and wiper doors is 100% vacuum.

Your problem is in the vacuum system.

:thumbsup:

·
They call me, Hugh Huffner
584 Posts
When mine get sticky I wipe the rams down, and give them a shot of WD40 (aka Chemical Duct Tape)

One you get them moving...give em a lube!

See how hard it is to move the buckets by themselves.....check vac connections....see above

Check the door..... see above again.

Then check the switch. (takes the most time... and usually requires replacement, unless it is just the stalk not seated right. (ask me how I know this, lol)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts