Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm well i guess im looking for low-end acceleration, i dont really care about top speed cause im not INSANE, sorry. Anyway hmmm how much $$$? well i dunno i am poor so like $2-$3000 over the winter so its good to go b4 summer, but i would also like to get a cd player and a paint job too.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
That's a tough budget to work with. I've been on that kind of budget since I bought the car. I need paint but the road construction is on full steam in my area. The rock chip magnet in my 87 is working too good. :rolleyes: :laughing:

The paint job will eat that budget all gone unless you DIY. For a very good quality paint job it's gonna cost around $3k or more. You can do gears, torque convertor and have the CD player for about $3k. You could shave 1/2 a second or better off the 1/4 mi. time with the right combo. Keep in mind that if you do a gear swap you'll need to have the speedo corrected.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i will wait on the paint or maybe just do the rear cause thats the part that needs it really i can just put a mask over the front anyway.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Paint job will definately eat that budget up. Depends what you want to do, get it looking real good or go for some performance upgrades. The rear end would be a good place to start, then after that you can move on to something else, maybe some better flowing heads and a larger throttle body. Don't rush into anything, take some time and decide what you want most, then go ahead with your decision. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts