Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went and picked up my ecm today. put it on(i didnt put it up in the dash, i just hooked up the connections) and jumped off the 'vette, it ran great! Ran a little rich at first, but it all smoothed out within a minute.

So i killed it and was going to wait for my dad to get home so he could help me put it all back together.
Well my wants took over my should have's and me and the girlfriend took it for a little test drive to make sure it was all smooth.

It worked fine, drove it maybe a half mile, turned around and started home. I was showing off a bit(shes never ridden in a '
vette before) and got on it a little hard. It stalled, then died. I thought "no biggie, it used to do this if you put your foot down to much" so i pulled over on the side of the road, put it in nuetreal, and cranked....Nothing, clickclickclick is all i got. my batterys dead, wtf? So i finally got someone to pull over(took a while) and we tried to jump it off, no luck, the guy wasw in a 90' ford ranger, so i got a lift home(litteraly 30 seconds) and went back to the car and jumped it off, started it up and it tried to die on me! kinda like she was out of fuel, so i rushed home, Parked it, and it died. So i turned my key and nothing.

Im gonna buy a new battery and see if that helps any, but what else could it be?

It acts like its starving for fuel, but then it just dies.
Before it caught on fire i had filled my tank all the way....
Although, when i came back from vacation earlier this week, it looked like someone had tried to peel off my inspection sticker...
I dont have a garage, dont have locked gates, and i only have to neighbors, ones a middle aged guy that drives a kia and is afraid of his own shadow, the other is a family.

What do yall think???

Thanks,Jeff.

·
Registered
597 Posts
fuel pump? fuel filter? well for the dieing atleast.

bad alternator for the starting prolly.

if you are able to get it to stay idling unplug the battery and see if it still runs. if it dies then your alternator is bad. if it lives then its your battery.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it wont even stay running long enough for me to get out walk around to the battery and mess with it.

as soon as i start it it tries to die, i check the fuel filter, wheres it at?

Thanks,Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts