·
Registered
939 Posts
Really now...? Very nice!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Carbon.. *cough, cough* Fiber... *cough*
this is a Z06 body, that's why i was asking. They're not gunna go through all the trouble of putting a carbon fiber roof in a powertrain test mule. Plus its painted black, not black because its naked carbon fiber. Just wondering if there was any real reason to paint the roof black, like if they were trying to hide something new, like with the hood.

But I agree that the SS will have a carbon fiber roof :cheers:

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
this is a Z06 body, that's why i was asking. They're not gunna go through all the trouble of putting a carbon fiber roof in a powertrain test mule. Plus its painted black, not black because its naked carbon fiber. Just wondering if there was any real reason to paint the roof black, like if they were trying to hide something new, like with the hood.

But I agree that the SS will have a carbon fiber roof :cheers:
It will, no doubt, have a CF roof.

This whole project is almost like a military project at this point. Few people know the "overall" scoop on the SS. Everyone works on their piece of the project... but that's all they know. The left hand really doesn't know what the right hand is doing. And, they are surely throwing out disinformation.

I think the project direction is changing all the time too. I think it was a much "bigger" project early on... then they snapped back to reality and kept the performance goals ... but changed their mind on huge styling changes. Final performance numbers/goals... car options ... pricing ... how they'll market it... what they'll have to drop from the project ... my guess is still fluid.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm not liking that black roof too much, it better have the same color roof as the car or i'm gonna be unhappy:(
Back in the 90's the early C5 test cars were white with black roofs. Again 4 years ago the first C6 test cars spotted were white with roofs painted black. At the time it did a good job of hiding the window shapes and roof design. Maybe they are continuing the routine for their test cars. I do expect the roof to be carbon fiber, but expect it to be body color (as opposed to the new BMW M3 V8 with its exposed carbon fiber roof panel).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Back in the 90's the early C5 test cars were white with black roofs. Again 4 years ago the first C6 test cars spotted were white with roofs painted black. At the time it did a good job of hiding the window shapes and roof design. Maybe they are continuing the routine for their test cars. I do expect the roof to be carbon fiber, but expect it to be body color (as opposed to the new BMW M3 V8 with its exposed carbon fiber roof panel).
Thanks a lot for the clarification ZL1GT, now I get it:)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts