Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried out Mothers Powerball 4Lites Headlight Restoration All-In-One Kit today. I used it on my Camaro, but C6's and daily drivers of all types suffer from dingy headlight lenses as well. I had one headlight that was particularly yellowed, so I gave Mothers a try.

This is the kit. It comes with a powerball head, polish, a microfiber towel, and a severe damage kit.

I followed the instructions on the box. I attached the Powerball head to my cordless drill...

...placed a small amount of polish on the head...

...and polished the headlight using back and forth overlapping motions. I added small dabs of polish frequently to keep it from drying out.

After polishing for about 15 minutes, buff it clean with the microfiber towel included in the kit.

That's all there is to it. In 15 minutes my headlight went from this...

to this...

The kit comes with a severe damage kit, which is basically a wet sanding kit with different grits of sandpaper attached to sanding pads. For really bad lenses, wet sand them before polishing.

Mothers says this kit can be used on headlights, tail lights, plastic convertible top windows, and anything else made of clear uncoated plastic. They recommend using it once a month to maintain and protect the lenses. I was pleased with the results and would recommend this product. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Sweet I've always wondered about those kits. I used to need that for my old truck, not there yet on my new one.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Great Job. I use Mothers Powerballs for a lot polishing on my cars. My favorite Carnuba wax is Mother's Gold:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the props on our PowerBall 4Lights Headlight Restoration Kit!

The nice thing about this kit is that the PowerBall 4Lights is washable and reusable, and good for dozens of restorations. This means that you can use it on all of the vehicles in your household.

Plus there's enough polish to keep your headlights protected for a long time to come, so don't forget to apply polish at least every time you wax.

And if you want a more permanent protection solution, try the Xpel Lens Protection kit that you can order at a discount with the included coupon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Power ball and Power Cone work amazing! We use a couple of them to do the wheels on our rig.

Just remember, you are removing a little of the plastic each time you polish. Headlights tend to be pretty thick, but softop glass and other plastic parts are not as thick. I wouldn't polish them any more than you have to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts