Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motive bleeder (GM version) should be shipped today and I should have it tomorrow. Saturday I'll be able to bench bleed the MC and then pressure bleed the system. Can't wait to try out the new brake system. Any tips I could use when doing this? I'll follow the directions but most likely post on here for ideas and help.

Thanks guys

Josh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Brake bleeding

You will probably need a c-clamp or 2 to help get a good seal at your m/c. I know i did. After that bleeding with the pressure bleeder is a breeze. Just remember follow the correct bleeding sequence. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will probably need a c-clamp or 2 to help get a good seal at your m/c. I know i did. After that bleeding with the pressure bleeder is a breeze. Just remember follow the correct bleeding sequence. :thumbsup:
Thanks man, I'll remember that. Am I going to need all 4 wheels off like a convential brake bleeding?

Josh

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
I use a Clamp as well. You will only be able to do one end at a time. Start with the rear then the front. Pump it up to about 10 psi and watch the gauge if it drops you have a leak to find. If steady then start bleeding. This is a great tool to have. Be sure to check the rotor runout and bearing endplay if you are doing the brakes.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a Clamp as well. You will only be able to do one end at a time. Start with the rear then the front. Pump it up to about 10 psi and watch the gauge if it drops you have a leak to find. If steady then start bleeding. This is a great tool to have. Be sure to check the rotor runout and bearing endplay if you are doing the brakes.
Should I have to worry about rotor runout if they are brand new? I'm not even worrying about the bearings b/c that is my next task. I'm replacing them regardless. They have been in there way to long. Plus my Driver side rear wheel can rotate about 5-8 degrees without the halfshaft rotating. Something is screwy in there. Are the Motive directions easy to follow? I'll have more questions once I get the tool in my hand and I can evaluate it.

Thanks,

Josh

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Yes new rotors will runout. USA and Import check them all

·
Registered
636 Posts
Having a power bleeder comes in handy if you're a one man operation. Several years ago I scrounged up a spare m/c cover and seal, and then brazed in some tubing to the cover, and that was then plumbed to a pressurized brake fluid container. I plugged the container into my air compressor (with the regulator cranked waaaaay down), and it was just a matter of walking around the car and opening the bleeders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts