·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Looks awesome. How about some details.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 4bolt main bored .030 over. with scat forged rotating assembly, lunati 276 voodoo cam and lifters., 2.02 1.60 heads, 1.6 aluminum roller rockers, preformer rpm intake, holley 650

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Looks real good. Your garage, are you doing it yourself?

Always get that feeling of satisfaction when it does what

you expect, huh? What kind of hp & Tq do you expect?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks real good. Your garage, are you doing it yourself?

Always get that feeling of satisfaction when it does what

you expect, huh? What kind of hp & Tq do you expect?
its my dads shop. me and him are doing it..or should i say he is, im just helping and trying to learn as much as i can. thats the reason why i didnt buy a crate engine bc i wanna learn. and i know ill enjoy it much more knowing i had a part in building it. but as far as hp and tq im not really sure..but i hope to get at least 350 hp and tq. if any one has an idea on hp and tq numbers id be happy to hear them!!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
its my dads shop. me and him are doing it..or should i say he is, im just helping and trying to learn as much as i can. thats the reason why i didnt buy a crate engine bc i wanna learn. and i know ill enjoy it much more knowing i had a part in building it. but as far as hp and tq im not really sure..but i hope to get at least 350 hp and tq. if any one has an idea on hp and tq numbers id be happy to hear them!!

I built them with my kids too. Always a great project.
Good luck with the motor.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
why lose the fram filter?

Fram is a very cheap and very low quality filter.

A much better option is a Wix filter. They are still inexpensive but provide a much better level of protection than the Fram filter.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts

A much better option is a Wix filter. They are still inexpensive but provide a much better level of protection than the Fram filter.

And what test data do you have to back up these claims

·
Registered
93 Posts
Fram filters are junk. Not just the crappy media they use but more importantly the bypass valves they use....(or sometimes dont).... I can't tell you how many people I have talked to, heard of, or read of that have oil pressure problems with Fram filters. I had an an issue with a 4.0 Jeep I6 that suddenly lost oil pressure after an oil change, I had bought all the stuff from Walmart and they didn't have the Mopar filter, I went with a Fram out of desperation....Yep, lost 20 psi of oil pressure and basically had no oil pressure at idle. Changed to a mopar filter and back to 35psi at idle....:rolleyes:

MANY years ago Fram had good stuff but...like everything else, Chinese quality has shown through.

Stick with AC oil filters..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
And what test data do you have to back up these claims

I don't have them off hand but there are several studies who's results are posted online for viewing. Just do a search, and you'll find where many brands were tested and cut open and rated. Fram was almost always dead last in quality.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

I've been using the premium Purolators. I used to use Fram until I started reading filter comparisons.

I'm having an engine built right now, and the builder will be putting a Wix filter on it. He swears by them.

·
Registered
910 Posts
.....MANY years ago Fram had good stuff but...like everything else, Chinese quality has shown through.....
When they were good???
That must have been a long, long time ago. I was first warned about them in 1968 when I built my first engine and they were made in Canada then.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the heads up on the oil filter guys. Done some research and looks like ill being picking up a Wix tmr

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im gonna swap out tranys in the morning and have to do a few other little things. and valve covers and intake came in today so gonna try to have the motor finished tmr night if everything goes right. and gonna try to get it in the car friday sometime

1 - 20 of 28 Posts