Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just Curious, never having had any excperience with the things, how much time do you have to react when the buzzer, beeper, or whatever goes off ? And, have they ever saved you when you were really haulin ass ? Thanks...

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JumpRun said:
Just Curious, never having had any excperience with the things, how much time do you have to react when the buzzer, beeper, or whatever goes off ? And, have they ever saved you when you were really haulin ass ? Thanks...
That all depends. If the cop is leaving his radar ON, you can pick up x and k a mile away. Plenty of time to take your foot off the accerator and call your wife and find out what's for dinner before you even drive by the cop. Laser is a shorter distance.

They are a good investment. But, it's one component ... it doesn't replace good sense.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks, so the smarter cops leave it off most times....My last ticket was cresting a hilll and the CHP was on the down side and I was busted. Then I can assume it's a line of sight deal then. Thanks again...

·
Registered
60 Posts
X, K and Ka do a lot of bouncing so as long as there is traffic ahead of you, there will be adequate warning even with instant on. If you are out there by yourself....behave. Laser detection is more for amusement than anything else. The beam goes a long distance and opens up a lot but it doesn't seem to bounce much so you're dead meat if there is a hill or curve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts