Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS SUCKS!!!! my hopes and dreams fell to hell today... ok maybe not that bad....

i was walking through the local safeway today and to my surprise was a the new issue (the one with the vette on front!!!)

ITS A RENDERING!!!! its not the real car its just what they think it will look like and it its fuzzy too. i was hoping for the real deal, at the end of the artical they say they will have pics of the real deal next month.

and from what i saw of thier rendering it was quite a bit off from what the real thing will look like, judging by the sanfrancisco vette and the boat vette pics. the front of the motor trend vette dosnt match at all!!!! and it looks worst!!!

god i hope it dosnt look like that!!!

well if i had a scanner i would up it up but im gussing it will be up on the net sooner then i can post this comment.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

and im going to montana for the weekend so there better be great surprizes for when i get back, OR ELSE.

or else ill prolly be disapointed and just do what i normally do.....

ok yeah your right im bad a threatening people............

have a good thanks giving for those of you who are celebrating. and for those of you who dont. well have a good non-thanksgiving weekend!

and yes i realized i posted this in the general corvette forum but then i realized it belonged here more... and i dont know how to deleate it off the other forum.....

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
Obviously MT had to commit the cover long before the SF pics were available. Now they have blown the guess twice - don't forget those Gawd awful, inacurate drawings earlier this year. Cudos to GM for the best security on a new car unvieling that I have seen in my lifetime. We only got pics at 55 days because of two business busting errors by the commercial people and the buc handlers.

But, the internet wins. Very close race GM.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
fwiw..I think Motor trends seen the Vette and the renders are what GM would allow for release.

The press is under great pressure by manufacturers to only allow specific amount of information during time releases such as this.

Lets see the press when they are allowed to print information. I believe they still have a place.

Their full test reports are still fun to read. I look foward to them going nuts over the C6..

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Longtimer said:
We only got pics at 55 days because of two business busting errors by the commercial people and the buc handlers.

But, the internet wins. Very close race GM.
i still think GM let those pics out anyway to see peoples reactions....

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
It may be an illustration on the cover this month, but the C6 will be on the cover of every automotive magazine in 2 months!:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
Punk Boy said:
i still think GM let those pics out anyway to see peoples reactions....
Could be, but why? It is way too late for any changes to the car. GM has really flexed their security muscles on the C6 to keep it under wraps. I have a hard time buying a purposeful slip scenario. They want all the drama at Detroit - though they won't get it all. The new Ferrari with the side coves will debut there and I bet BMW will show the 645 also. Still, all the car rags will have a C6 on the cover!! Nothing sells magazines like a new vette on the cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts