Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
Great Pics!! Dash covering looks like quality. The Speedo and tach stongly remind of my '79 L82. SW horn button shows "old" C6 emblem with the circle around the flags that we got from Jujubee. Surely they will fix this before production.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Woah!! The C6 is push button start? Is that standard or and option, I like the idea but would rather have the convetional way

·
Registered
31 Posts
looks like i wont have much leg room on the passenger side, it seems like they made the dash urther out and lower... its hard for me to fit now in my c5 (im 6' 5" )

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
I got a pretty good look at the interior at the LA Auto Show. It looks VERY good in person.

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
I took some digi pics but nothing everyone hasn't already seen two or three times. The Convention Center had guys with dusters and rags moving from display to display, cleaning all of the cars on a rotating basis. They did not appear to be employed by the manufacturers. When my son and I were at the vette display, the car looked very clean and was presented well, although the lighting was very strong. The paint quality was perfect - not an orange peel anywhere that I could see. However, I have heard that the two "show" C6s were hand built in MI. If that's true, we still don't know how much improvement to expect on production paint.

As I said the lighting was severe and left the rear completely "shaded" and dark. It made the orange look washed out - I think. Hard to say until I see the orange on the street. The young lady doing the schpiel had all of her facts straight - I was impressed with the quality of the information provided and (to me) the clarity of the presentation. I listened to the presntation twice and could not correct her on any issue. The C6 turntable was constantly crowded - about 3 to 4 deep. It was necessarily 20 to 30 feet from a big Vette display that included free pictures of "you" sitting in a commem ed. vert. The line for this freebe was at least 30-40 people long all the time.

They had only a single folded sheet "brochure". Maybe I'll scan it tonight and send it along for everyone to see. Can't tell if the C6 pictured in this handout is a painting or a pic. Although it does not state the color, it must be Precision Red - way too bright for Mag Red, but also very "candy-like" as shown.

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
skillorn said:
Another one of the cockpit - up close...

The little annoying problems are already starting. The check engine light is on and they havent even started production. So much for better quality.

jk:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts