Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw it today pretty good but some of the facts wheren't real....a US service man had an AK-47 in one scene (when throughout the whole movie non of them carried an AK) but overall it was a good movie

B

·
0 Posts
I just got back from seeing that movie. I thought it was overall an excellent movie. There were several parts that were slow and there definately needed more gun play. As far as the AK rifle he had on his pack, Im sure he scavenged it from a rebel. Those rifles are one of the most powerful and accurate auto rifles made! It was probably his back up automatic weapon.

Ohhh and dont get me started on that Doctor. She is SOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN HOT!!!!!! WOW!:surprised

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would accept that explination if they had actually fought rebel forces before that scene...

B

·
0 Posts
They did, well actually they didnt fight them. Remember Willis killed that one straggler that was part of that scout team that almost discovered them in the jungle on their way to the first chopper pick up. Thats where they got the AK from.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ok..that makes a little more sense now....

B

·
0 Posts
Apparently, Punk Boy and Big Law Man are the only people who saw this movie. ??? I've never even heard of it. I'll have to look it up on the web.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I want to see this movie, Bruce Willis is pretty good in action flicks.

I didn't know AK's were that accurate. I know they are reliable do to the tolerences between the parts being pretty loose, which prevents it from jamming.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I saw it Fri night . Good flick!! A little slow in some places, but the ending was good. Overall, I thought it was definitely worth seeing.

B

·
0 Posts
BubbleHead said:
I want to see this movie, Bruce Willis is pretty good in action flicks.

I didn't know AK's were that accurate. I know they are reliable do to the tolerences between the parts being pretty loose, which prevents it from jamming.
Well actually any full auto weapon is naturally inaccurate based on the physics of barrel climb, but overall they are one of the fastest firing and at least in my experience the easiest to shoot accurately. It is a large calibre, I believe 7.62mm NATO round and it kicks a bit, but fun as hell to shoot!!!

Tim, you will like the movie, especially because of the Naval theme.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Agreed. I've only shot a M-16 and anything more then a 3 round burst moved the barrel too much to be accurate.

But, when keeping it to quick bursts, I can do some damage. I have better accuracy with the M-16 then with the .45. What a great weapon!

I dig the Navy SEALs movies. Tried to get into the BUDS/SEALs program in boot camp, but my eyes were not even close to being good enough to make it. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts