Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some request for pics of where my MSD is mounted, so here it is,,, the flat part that the MSD sits on a piece os SS that is barely wider than the MSD and has 2-slots in a 1" wide L shaped tab on the back firewall side. THose two slots use the exsisting bolts that go into the firewall,, then there is another tab weleded to the bottom of the flat palte,,, and it is mounted on the same angle as the brace with one botl holding it onto the brace.

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
How about some info on wiring it. I just got one and it didn't come with directions. Also can you give some info on it's purpose? Does it replace the stock coil boost it, what? Thanks.

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about some info on wiring it. I just got one and it didn't come with directions. Also can you give some info on it's purpose? Does it replace the stock coil boost it, what? Thanks.
I don't recall exactly but it is wired like the directions say to wire it for a HEI,, just run a large gage wire to it for power, straight form the battery post!

The 6AL is good for a rev limiter and it replaces the early year tach filters which are discontinued.

·
Registered
724 Posts
MSD mounting

Mine is a little less noticable.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Driley do you have any water concerns with that mounted there?
I've had it there for three years now with no problems. Even drove eight hours in the rain coming back from West Virginia one time. Plus I wash my car all the time. MSD says it can get wet. They have coated the circuit boards with something to protect them. They just say don't plug the drain holes in the bottom of it so if it does get wet, the water can get out and air can get to the circuit boards to dry them. I tried to download a picture of the directions, but it said the file was too big, so if you need them, email me at [email protected] and I'll try and send them that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts