Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My flowmasters are driving me crazie! I must say the reverb and hollow sound in the car is insane.

I have headers and exhaust cross over in 2.5 inch pipe that go in to flowmasters.

I love quiet. I love loud when i step on it. I can stand idle and cruise drone.

What do you guys suggest?

I have been looking at regular corvette 2.5 inch mufflers.

This is my second vette my last one was to long ago for me to remember any sound, nor was my engine as healthy.

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I have two words for you...

Magnaflow

&

Magnaflow

They are nice and low tones when the car is idling or cruising. They still sound strong and brutal.

Once you mash the throttle, they wake up like a sleeping beast.

My favorite part...no drone or reverberation. I have had Magnaflow mufflers on a Vette that had Flowmasters before it and I was amazed at how much happier I was after the switch.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,785 Posts
DB
Does Magnaflow now sell a c3 exhaust kit?
I have flowmaster 50's now, they're ok but I may just go back to a stock type muffler.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
DB
I have flowmaster 50's now, they're ok but I may just go back to a stock type muffler.

Gary, I have seen Magnaflow mufflers in kits before but I think some vendors just package them that way.

Personally I don't like the kits. I find the factory replacement made by Magnaflow, and then have a local exhaust shop do all the bends and welds fitting the system to the car.

The kits rely on clamps...which I hate, and you never know for sure the kit will fit your particular car.

As we've all found, not all of our C3s are just alike from the factory.

·
Registered
366 Posts
DB
Magnaflow has some systems that are not sold through vendors like Corvette Central. I have a 16841 system on my 72 that sounds great. They also have other systems with downturn tips. I bought mine from planetmangnaflow.com, made them a fairly low-ball offer and they accepted it.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Gotta make a pitch for DynoMax Super Turbos!:partyon:

Awesome low idle rumble, guaranteed to set of car alarms, no drone at cruise, and virtually no back back pressure when you jump on it.

I always get compliments on the sound!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a qoute from my local midas shop:laughing:
I regret wasting my time now.

269 per side understand that my exhaust has slipin joints at the axle so little to NO "custom fabrication" as the class clown said.

is this guy high or what?

anybody have muffler shop rec for dallas?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I went to a Midas shop once. The guy told me because of the life time replacement on the exhaust he could only put a stock system back on it and then when I mentioned that I had put headers on it he wouldn't touch it. Check out you tube and listen to some of the different exhaust clips. In the long run it's going to depend on what you like when you listen to them but remember that all of our cars and motors are different so what works for one might not be the one for you. IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts