Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory mufflers on my '82 and its time to replace.

But I'm cheap. Therefore I'm not looking to replace the entire system, just the mufflers for right now.

I'm also old, so I'm not wanting something really loud. Just a nice rumble without shaking the rafters...

Suggestions? Possibly Turbos?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm not sure how much your looking to spend, but I have been looking at the KBD Targa's from ecklers. They look nice, and from what i've read from people on here, they say it's not loud, but has a nice growl. They are 169 for the pair, chrome quad tips, and free flow.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I had a set of Pace Setter monza mufflers on before I went to side pipes. $130 for the pair I think. They really sounded good and had a nice low rumble to them. In the car and widows up you could just kinda hear them. Stand on the pedal and they sounded period correct. Get out and go the the back of the car and they really sound nice in idle. I went to Bloomington Gold in Chicago last month to specifficaly hear exhaust systems. I stood by the line up for the action and listened for hours as cars drove up to the stage. The Targas sound was really nice....I just liked the look and sound of side pipes better.

Targa mufflers in Ecklers are the same thing as the Pace Setter... my Pace Setters didn't look to hot after two years tho... something to think about.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are definitely in the right price range. Under $200 sounds good to me. I'll check into both of those...

Thanks......... Bill

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think I have a set of used Targas that I took off of my 82 that I am restoring. They sound great, but I don't like the looks.( the quad pipes)
If you are interested in them, I will make you a deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts