Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Munster Parks and Rec, car show is Saturday, May 5, 2007.
This is the 9th Show that they have put on and they all have been great. The rain date is Saturday, May 12. Reg. fee is $20.00 pre - registration and $25.00 day of the show. If you pre-registered your car there are dash plaques amd T-Shirts. To pre-registration is at

The Munster Town Hall
Customer Service Center 1005 Ridge Road
Munster, IN 46321

Hours are 7:30 am - 6:00 p.m. Monday and
7:00 am to 4:30 pm Tues thru. Friday

For more info call - 219-836-PARK

This is the first time I have entered this show. I've gone to see my friends cars who entered and it really is a good show. All kinds of cars, rod and custom, vettes. 50's and 60's plus. There are venders, food etc. The show is 35 min. from Chicago down 80/94 to Calumet Ave. and then South about 2 miles. Calumet Ave is the first exit after the state line. For you guys with GPS here is the address of the park--

Community Park
8601 Calumet Ave.
Munster, IN

Hope to see some of you there.

Art

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Art, what's the show hours? There's a slim chance I might have to work but I should be off by 2:30 and I could be in Munster soon after. My job is in Illinois just the other side of Calumet and Cline.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The show is this Saturday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Should be a nice day. The trophys will be given out at 4:00. There are usually a lot of cars there with classed in Vettes as well as rod and customs. I,ll be there with a DC sign somewhere on the car. Stop by, would like meet you in person.

Art

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black C-6, are you shown or looken? Its a good show to get in, but I think to enter the price has gone up for late reg. Either way, stop by.

Art

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am headed over to Kentucky Fried chicken by the hospital for a cruz tonight. Every Wed nite if the weather is good there is a cruz there with Rods and Customs. There are 10 to 20 Vettes from around the Cal. Region that show up. Not doing anything some Wed nite stop over. E-Mail me and let me know when your coming so I will be there.

Art

This was last year at the end of the cruz nites.

Art

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
brunogangsta, nice ride. Looks good, where did yu come up with those wheels? Like those seats. Black wiith red inserts, sure would go good with my car. :thumbsup:

Art

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for the compliments but you got 2 vettes. Now thats nice. Voss upholstery on Burnham did the interior for 1100 including the door panels. Thats cheaper than the 07' factory seats that don't match the color of your car and I ordered the 20" foose on-line. I also powdered coated the calipers red to match the interior. I registered for the car show in munster and the car is clean. See ya Saturday.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just outside polishing and had to make up a couple of show cards for Munster. OK I will see ya Saturday.

Art

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
No can do on cruise nights, I'm working 4-12:30 M-F. I have the opportunity to bump a guy off day shift but I can't deal w/ all the bosses running around giving you a 100 things to do on top of the 100 things you have to do already. On nights we have one boss other than the shift supervisor and he's also the IT guy so we hardly ever see him. :laughing:

I have to work Saturday, but the department manager is pissed and wants to be out the door by 12:30. :partyon: I heard on the radio chance of storms on Saturday. You guys going to bolt if it does after 12:30? I haven't been that way in YEARS so I don't remember if there's shelters.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WAR MACHINE, If it rains Sat. the rain date for the show is the following Sat. I will have to check on that. I think it will really have pour rain before they cancel. The show starts at 9:00 and if it rains after say 11:00, I am sure they will go on with the show.

Art

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is some information about Saturdays show in Munster. They have a hot line in case of rain. We are going to call in the morning to see if the show is going to go. Here is the Hot Line Phone number to the Munster Park and Rec. Department who is sponsering the show. 1-219-836-6927

Art:partyon:

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks alot for that info Art, i was googling the car show and came across this site. I hope it doesn't rain too much tomorrow! See ya there!
:thumbsup:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Lil, welcome to DC! :cheers:

I'm going to try and get out of work earlier than 12:30. I'll be looking for a red C5 w/ a DC logo around. :thumbsup: Hittin' the sack now, got to be back at work in 5 hrs.

:thud:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Art and brunogangsta, it was great to meet you guys today and meeting brunogangsta's dad too. :cheers: You guys have some nice lookin' rides! :thumbsup:

Sorry I had to go early, I was so tired that I drove 1/2 way home w/ the shifter between (D) and low 2. I didn't figure it out until I hit Cline :lookinup: :laughing: I got a nice sunburn too from that nice weather we had today.

We should look for a place on Rt. 30 somewhere to meet up w/ other DC members. What do ya think?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts