Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
:partyon: BURNOUT!!!:partyon: :thumbsup:

Oh and, dont cars need to be automatic to be able to spin tires like that standing still like he was? Thats only what I've heard so Im not too sure.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5Point7Liter said:
:partyon: BURNOUT!!!:partyon: :thumbsup:

Oh and, dont cars need to be automatic to be able to spin tires like that standing still like he was? Thats only what I've heard so Im not too sure.
He either did a serious brake torque, or had a line lock....

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
looks like he definatly had line lock.he would have rolled some when he failed on the first burnout attempt.if that car was an auto,that first attempt was very hard on the car.cool though.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Time to visit tirerack, :laughing: :laughing: good burnout tho. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
:D I don't think I needed to see that clip. I'm planning on getting a line lock for my Mustang, but just spent $600 on tires...may have to do some rethinking...or just be prepared to buy more tires.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
:laughing:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
PAt you should have made a video of the Burn out you did. I plan on giving my dads tires a good work out when he leaves in 1 week. then the Vettes mine. Hahahahah.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Loggins1 said:
PAt you should have made a video of the Burn out you did. I plan on giving my dads tires a good work out when he leaves in 1 week. then the Vettes mine. Hahahahah.:thumbsup:
I have some burnout videos, starring yours truly..... :buhbye:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Yeah I want to see it, too. I don't think it will even turn them over. :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Originally posted by bkuper ...<br>
Not a racer here. What's a line lock?<br>
It locks the front wheels so that when you are at the strip waiting for the green light your car doesn't roll off the line and cause you to get the nice red light. Helpful for a standard car because of the lack of 3 feet and it is also cool to do burnouts.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Ummm, he was standing on the brakes. If you watch the very beginning closely, you can see where he was off the brakes for a second then back on them. Never saw the tail lights change, which leads me to believe he was on the brakes.

Also, at the end, his third brake light is still on as he rolls away.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Originally posted by BubbleHead ...<br>
Ummm, he was standing on the brakes. If you watch the very beginning closely, you can see where he was off the brakes for a second then back on them. Never saw the tail lights change, which leads me to believe he was on the brakes.

Also, at the end, his third brake light is still on as he rolls away.<br>
That's real good for it. I think i'll stick with the line lock.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Sweet burnout...kinda painful when he shifted and the wheels stopped but he stayed in it and got big time smoke!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts