Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a vid from my trip to the Rock tonight. I'll post more up later, Coors Light is calling me for now. Though you guys would like to see a rematch of Road and track's Z51 vs Mustang GT California Special. He had a tune, intake,and gears. 12.1(me) to 13.5(him):thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL...well, we all got smoked a bit, the frickin' diesel trucks there tonight were polluting like a mo'. BTW, I saw there was a Supra thread still going strong....well, got a kill on a twin turbo and 300hit of N20...but not in the way most think of....he ran a 12.1 to my 12.2( I was having traction probs all night, but no excuses),but he had a N20 fire and his bottom end threw up all over the track. I lost the race but I got to drive home. Oh well...Coors number 5 is whispering my name.........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
damm! he got smoked. he needs more practice or something
Good kill.The cali special is just a stock GT with a ford "cali" body kit right?I just sold my 05 GT,it ran 13.5 @ 105 also,stock.5 speed auto with 3:31 gears.

No disrespect,however that supra vs vette thread is lame..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Heavy pig GT

You can really tell from the vid how far/long it takes to get those things up to speed. Nice slaughter!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would question his driving skills. Most tuned gt 500's around here run in right around 12 or high 11's. This guy didn't seem that competent.:thumbsup:
Opps, sorry just noticed that is a Mustang GT not a GT 500. He actually did a fairly good job considering. That's apples and oranges compaired to a C6.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would question his driving skills. Most tuned gt 500's around here run in right around 12 or high 11's. This guy didn't seem that competent.:thumbsup:
That's because he was driving a Mustang GT/California Edition with some light mods. Here's a GT500 Vid. The GT500 has dr's,aftermarket intake,catback,pully(15psi),and tune. He ran a 12.2 to my 12.1.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops...saw you edited back, guess we were posting at the same time..lol. Well, enjoy the vid anyways.:cheers:

·
Registered
655 Posts
That's because he was driving a Mustang GT/California Edition with some light mods. Here's a GT500 Vid. The GT500 has dr's,aftermarket intake,catback,pully(15psi),and tune. He ran a 12.2 to my 12.1.:thumbsup:
With that equipment that guy should pull high 11's easy. Oh well the driver is one mod you can't change.:huh:

·
Registered
286 Posts
With that equipment that guy should pull high 11's easy. Oh well the driver is one mod you can't change.:huh:
:agree: Way to :nuts:

·
Registered
240 Posts
" piece of crap !"

:laughing:
Here's a vid from my trip to the Rock tonight. I'll post more up later, Coors Light is calling me for now. Though you guys would like to see a rematch of Road and track's Z51 vs Mustang GT California Special. He had a tune, intake,and gears. 12.1(me) to 13.5(him):thumbsup:
Hey Evilways , That must have been your son doing the filming . I think the best part is when the Mustang does his wimpy burnout and you hear the boy say " piece of crap ! ". That was my thought also . His reaction time must have been 2 seconds as slow as he left the line . :laughing:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The guy driving was very cool, talked to him alot and gave some suggestions(buy a vette was probally my best one,lol). He said first gear was was weak as they come, car just didn't want to pull hard in 1. I had always thought the gearbox in the stangs were pretty strong from what i've read and heard. Oh well...:thumbsup:

PS...yes, that was my boy....teaching him early...:rolling:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Yeah,the 05 up gear box is strong,but the first gear just does'nt get the car off the line like one would expect.One good mod for the stang,is to "tune" out the lag,the 05 up stangs finally got fly-by-wire electronics,and has some lag thats dreadful.My 05 seemed pretty slow in first,was actually suprised it got a 13.5 @ 106....5 speed auto,3:31 gears,still only got about 15 city/19 highway.Bone stock,2 1/2 inch drop..It was an okay car,but i like my vettes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts