Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 40 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Wow, thanks! I also like the choice of wheels. They look similar to super James wheels, and his car looks damn fine.
I work for sherwin Williams and there is a product called ac10 made by hi lite solutions. It's a rust remover and will leave a phosphate residue that can be coated over. Works great.I will look into those seats when I find the money laying around with nothing to do. I have some c4 seats but I would really like to have the recovered. That price for the seats is probably less than I would spend recovering mine.
Now... Tell us about the door panels?
Hey, this is all wrong. You are the new guy doing a swap and here we are all asking YOU all the questions!
Looks like you have things under control and the build looks like it is coming along well.
Btw, cyber gray was one of my final choices when I was picking out colors.
Okay. That was weird. I just read my post and it made no sense. I do NOT work for Sherwin Williams and I have never used that product!
I think I read that part in another post and copied it and pasted it to an email to myself so I would remember the name and look into it later. I do that a lot. I must have still had that on the clipboard and accidentally hit paste in the middle of that reply. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hello Steve,
thank you for sharing the build.

One thing forbidden, here in the Blue, is - having hundreds of pictures, but showing only one dozen ;)

Watch out that you don`t speed it up to fast, so that you have enough time to switch through all of the possible paint-decisions ...

Brent, wasn`t it you bolted that seats down, then asked side pipes if she also wants to drive that car ?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Not to hijack thread, but I did ask her first if she wanted to drive it. She said maybe. I said that is fine, but if she does not think she will I would bolt them down. She said bolt them down.
Yes, boss. :)
Back to your normally scheduled programming, can't wait to see more of this build. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
AcidGypsy,
I am building a build very much like yours. 68 with vbp suspension , camaro take out except I am going with auto 6 speed. My question is have you had a chance to see if the camaro accessories alt, ac power steering, etc is going to work/clear?

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts
Good to see more projects like this !!

Question, do you have any details and pics of how you are doing your fuel system, like pump, line size etc..?

My project is about the same stage you are now, and I need to get the fuel line setup completed before I can progress. My build is a Gen V Big Block so I plan to use something like 1/2 inch lines.

I look forward to following your progress !

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
AcidGypsy,
I am building a build very much like yours. 68 with vbp suspension , camaro take out except I am going with auto 6 speed. My question is have you had a chance to see if the camaro accessories alt, ac power steering, etc is going to work/clear?

The engine is set to the chassis. The biggest concern was with the water pump outlets coming in contact with the right front top 'A' arm.
I wont be running air conditioning right off the bat, as that will take specialty bracketry to keep it clear.

As long as your running the F-body accessories in their stock position (including the oil pan) you should be OK.

Let me know if you need any photos.

Steve

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Good to see more projects like this !!

Question, do you have any details and pics of how you are doing your fuel system, like pump, line size etc..?

My project is about the same stage you are now, and I need to get the fuel line setup completed before I can progress. My build is a Gen V Big Block so I plan to use something like 1/2 inch lines.

I look forward to following your progress !

Thanks!
I have all I need for the fuel setup, but wont be installing it until I get the body back on so I can place the C5 regulator in the right spot. Hopefully I can help explain it like this:

I will be using both stock lines (replacement stainless steel)
I will also be using the stock fuel sending unit.
A braided line from the outlet of the stock fuel sending unit to an external Bosch pump then to the stock stainless feed line all the way up to the end of the hard line.
From the hard line, to a small piece of braided hose into the c5 fuel regulator.
From the regulator outlet, a braided hose to the engine rail connection.
Back at the regulator return outlet to the hard fuel return line then rubber hose at the back to the stock location at the tank.
There are several fittings and quick connects to get from point A-Z but it should provide a solid system.

Here is a thread that kinda shows it without the stainless hard lines to the engine...
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143627
Hope this helps.

Steve

·
Registered
167 Posts
+1 for the cyber grey metallic. I went with the spiral grey metallic on the c5. Beautiful color. I was also liking the C4 color steel blue or blue steel.

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts
Thanks!
I have all I need for the fuel setup, but wont be installing it until I get the body back on so I can place the C5 regulator in the right spot. Hopefully I can help explain it like this:

I will be using both stock lines (replacement stainless steel)
I will also be using the stock fuel sending unit.
A braided line from the outlet of the stock fuel sending unit to an external Bosch pump then to the stock stainless feed line all the way up to the end of the hard line.
From the hard line, to a small piece of braided hose into the c5 fuel regulator.
From the regulator outlet, a braided hose to the engine rail connection.
Back at the regulator return outlet to the hard fuel return line then rubber hose at the back to the stock location at the tank.
There are several fittings and quick connects to get from point A-Z but it should provide a solid system.

Here is a thread that kinda shows it without the stainless hard lines to the engine...
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143627
Hope this helps.

Steve
Thanks !

This does help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
+1 for the cyber grey metallic. I went with the spiral grey metallic on the c5. Beautiful color. I was also liking the C4 color steel blue or blue steel.

Nice Color!!! Took a look at your videos too. Love the reflection of the paint!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Blueday: when I was trying to narrow down a color, I had a folder with cars I really liked. Yours was in it and I almost went with the same layout. It came down to that or the inferno orange. It was a toss up so I went with the color that stood out more just because people in this town can't drive and have people pull out in front of me all the time when I am in my dd. . I thought they would be more likely to see me with the orange.
But I do love that layout, and think it would look great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Worst Job Ever!

Paint stripping is by far the worst job I've done so far. It's been an experience getting to raw fiberglass in all the different panels and the previous partial strip and repaint.
The good thing is that's it's almost over. Just the hinge pillars and the bottom of the inside of the doors to go!

I had to pause for a moment and make 'vroom vroom' sounds!!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hey AcidG what process are you using to strip the paint. Thanks in advance

:cheers:
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Getting the black sealing agent (gunk) off the lower firewall and under side of the car is a very special thing to do as well.

Looking great.........

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Getting the black sealing agent (gunk) off the lower firewall and under side of the car is a very special thing to do as well.

Looking great.........

Ah yes! The bottom of the firewall and under the floor pan was the NASTYIEST job, but fortunately only took me one day! I came out from under the car filthy but happy it was over.

21 - 40 of 453 Posts