Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

401 - 420 of 453 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
REALLY nice to see pics of that car again!
BEAUTIFUL!!
Perfect stance, perfect Wheels, Frigg'n amazing. And you call yourself a NOOB!!??
I will be at Woodward this year and Will be in touch with you prior - I hope you don't mind my slobber all over your car ;) I promise to wipe it off.

I have a G8 GXP, Son (GM engineer) has a 93 RX7 LS1 Swap, Brother-in-Law (GM Engineer) has a 450 HP Re-Turbo'd Solstice, Son's buddy (Also GM) has a CTS-V Wagon - manual.
We LIKE Woodward.... And I REALLY wanna see your car!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
WOW- that looks BADASS- Steve!!

A question for you- What are you planning as far as the trim above the sidepipes?

Richard
Richard,
I have the polished aluminum covers cut and ready for install. I realize that they are not original for the 68' but they were more along the lines I was looking for until I mocked them up and now I'm not sure.

Stay tuned.

Love this pic!
REALLY nice to see pics of that car again!
BEAUTIFUL!!
Perfect stance, perfect Wheels, Frigg'n amazing. And you call yourself a NOOB!!??
I will be at Woodward this year and Will be in touch with you prior - I hope you don't mind my slobber all over your car ;) I promise to wipe it off.

I have a G8 GXP, Son (GM engineer) has a 93 RX7 LS1 Swap, Brother-in-Law (GM Engineer) has a 450 HP Re-Turbo'd Solstice, Son's buddy (Also GM) has a CTS-V Wagon - manual.
We LIKE Woodward.... And I REALLY wanna see your car!!
Thanks Guys! Appreciate the positive feedback. It's turning out better than expected. Of course there are several things still left to address, but it's so cool to get it to this point and be able to drive it around the block!

Currently working on the driver door trim installation. This one is tricky because the door skins didnt come pre-cut with the handle openings and the armrest secure holes drilled. Not too much room for error here & I dont want to have to re-skin the doors!

Passenger side is a different story. As I mentioned earlier, the glass was on backorder for 60 days. Just called them yesterday and was told November.... Not good.

My passenger glass is good, but not great. I think I'm going to put the original piece back in it till November. Hate to put the pad together and then disassemble, but my only other option here is to have the 'Astro' script on the passenger glass (new) and not on the driver. Meh... 1st world problems :D

Shrimp - Feel free to shoot me a PM. We can meet somewhere at the cruise. You going to have the Vette ready by then??!

Steve

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Man that's a bad ass ride, I have been lurking in the back ground but had to comment on your accomplishment. I really understand how much work is involved to get to this point, you sir are a vette craftsman.

:cheers:
Mark

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Man that's a bad ass ride, I have been lurking in the back ground but had to comment on your accomplishment. I really understand how much work is involved to get to this point, you sir are a vette craftsman.
Mark
i would say you nailed it.

Mark & Brent - Thank you. You are very kind.

It certainly is a ton of work! The details and rework and custom fitting... It sure is a long road full of up's and down's. I'm very happy the car is at the stage it's in.
Just 'hanging jewlrey' off it now as parts go on.

Here's a few shots of the 'close to completed' interior (driver door pad, center console, interior trim, rear-view mirror & passenger dash completed).
Because the passenger side glass wont be available until November, I'm going to install the factory glass and build up the rest of the door until then.

20170713_202947 by Acidgypsy, Flickr

20170713_203008 by Acidgypsy, Flickr

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Have you tried to polish that door glass, I've seen people use a DA buffer on them and they come out nice. Don't know what compound is used but I'am sure you can research it on the net. :thumbsup:

Mark

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
I'd be happy too!!!

Looks fantastic!!!

Great job!!!

You just motivated me to get back at mine!!!!

Richard
Nice!
Cant wait to see your car done! All the electrical gadgets you put into that Vette, reminds me of a James Bond Aston Martin!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Have you tried to polish that door glass, I've seen people use a DA buffer on them and they come out nice. Don't know what compound is used but I'am sure you can research it on the net. :thumbsup:
Mark
Its not the scratches (although there are 2 small ones) because you really have to look hard to see them, it's the damage to the factory edge on the top rear edge of the glass. Looks like someone locked their keys in there at some point and tried to unlock the car using a coat hanger. You cant see it when the glass is in the full up or full down position. Just when the door is open or glass is partially down. Enough that it bothers me and will be swapping glass this winter.

Thanks though!
Steve

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Mark
Its not the scratches (although there are 2 small ones) because you really have to look hard to see them, it's the damage to the factory edge on the top rear edge of the glass. Looks like someone locked their keys in there at some point and tried to unlock the car using a coat hanger. You cant see it when the glass is in the full up or full down position. Just when the door is open or glass is partially down. Enough that it bothers me and will be swapping glass this winter.

Thanks though!
Steve

·
Registered
958 Posts
[QUOTE
Ignore the nasty garage... Been that way for 4 years while building the vette![/QUOTE]

I WOULD KILL FOR A GARAGE ! but my neighbor turned his into a den. :crazy:

·
Registered
167 Posts
401 - 420 of 453 Posts