Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

421 - 440 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Woodward

Cruising last night on Woodward & my Vette found it's long lost sibling!

Traditional Flared L88, 69' coupe. A real beauty!!! Big block 572 crate motor with sidemount exhaust with no inserts! Holy Moses, that thing was loud!

Just to clear the air cleaner, he had a stinger insert on top of the L88 hood.

The owner flagged me down as I was driving by and so I pulled in to talk to him.
Great guy, very personable and passionate about vettes. It was cool to hang out with guys like this. The conversation was as if we had known each other for much longer. Gotta love car guys (especially vette owners!) :partyon:

A co-worker, who owns the Ford Roadster behind it also pulled up to talk. That highboy is over the top quality. The craftsmanship puts mine to shame!

20170805_212131 by AcidGypsy, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
that is a whole lot of awesome sitting there.
I have met some really great people building and now driving and showing mine. Yours should definitely start some conversations.
glad you are enjoying all the work you put into it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
Woodward Dream Cruise

For those unaware - The Woodward Dream Cruise event is a classic car event held annually on the third Saturday of August in Metropolitan Detroit, along Woodward Avenue. The WDC Event spans much of the avenue, from Pontiac through Ferndale in Oakland County, Michigan, all the way to the State Fair Grounds inside the Detroit city limits, just south of 8 Mile Road. An estimated one million spectators come see the 10,000+ show vehicles.

Although the 'official' show is Saturday, the Dream Cruise starts filling up Woodward on Tuesday and increases daily.

A friend & co-worker got this shot of me from his 68 Camaro Convertible:

All smiles...

I was fortunate enough to link up with the local Corvette club as they rent a parking lot that allows the spot owners to come and go as they please (parking spots are at a huge premium). I snapped this photo and had to laugh as I was the youngest person in the Corvette group with the oldest Vette!!! :huh:

20170819_123724

And here are some random Corvette Photos my Son took while on Woodward:

DSC_0052

DSC_0065

DSC_0114

DSC_0126

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'm sure there were a ton of nice 'vettes there. I bet if you could have gotten all of them together in one place, I would have checked out yours first. That thing is really sharp.
Glad you are enjoying it!:cheers:
Brent

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
That's pretty cool! Might have to slide up sometime. Thanks for the pics! Your car is looking like a show stopper as usual!
Scott
Thanks Scott!
Looking forward to more pics of yours asap!

I met up with with one of our fellow members at Woodward and just missed another!

It's a spectacle, and should be seen by any car enthusiast.

Steve

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
I'm sure there were a ton of nice 'vettes there. I bet if you could have gotten all of them together in one place, I would have checked out yours first. That thing is really sharp.
Glad you are enjoying it!:cheers:
Brent
Thanks Brent.
Again, without you work paving the way for me, it would have been impossible for me to finish the car as good as it turned out.

With a little over 800 miles on the odometer, Its just time to settle in and enjoy :thumbsup:

Steve

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #432 (Edited)
Luck over skill everytime!

So I finally had some time to take the Vette to a popular local spot in downtown Detroit for some pictures. I loaded up my camera and my childhood buddy for a trip to Michigan Central Train Station.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Central_Station

The place is just beautiful. It's been under some recent renovation but is still closed to the public. The building is just beautiful and a perfect backdrop for some pics with my camera.

So when we roll up, there is a couple taking some wedding photos with a 1960 Cadillac Eldorado. It was a BEAUTIFUL white exterior and red interior combo.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS712US712&biw=1920&bih=1012&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=1960+cadillac+eldorado&oq=1960+cadillac+eldorado&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l4.12057.12057.0.12447.1.1.0.0.0.0.60.60.1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.60.QruxxAsi_0k
They were parked off to the right side of the building taking shots posing in/on the car. It was a great sight.

Not wanting to miss my chance, I snuck in on the left and we jumped out and started snapping pics with my camera. Soon after, the wedding pictures ended and the owner of the Eldorado came down to talk. As we discussed his car and the Vette, I noticed another photographer snapping pictures of the Vette and the Train Station. He was really getting into it, and I had a sense that his photos where going to be FAR better then mine. After about 15 mins, he introduced himself and asked if I would like a copy of his shots. I quickly agreed and took his info.

Glad I did. A few days later these shots started filling my inbox....

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I was blown away by his skillset. :thud:
This guy's shots took this car to a whole new level!!!
I have been in email contact with Roy. He has some serious skills and was SO fortunate to have meet him that day.
This car has paved the way for so many conversations and opportunities like this that I couldn't imagine! :partyon:

Here is some more of Roy's work.
http://roybelding.com/
https://500px.com/roybelding

Just totally blessed and lucky to meet a guy like this and have him share his work with me!

If you want some higher quality resolution pics above, let me know via PM.

Steve

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,478 Posts
Roy is good. We need to see some more pics of your fine workmanship

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
A/G
Thanks for the opportunity to See and touch your car at Woodward - Those Pics are AWESOME! It looks like its on ROIDS... but that's not even close to the BadAss-nes that you've built. SUCH a sweet car!!!
Fantastic work - Attention to detail - 'plan the work, work the plan' - Hard to tell that you are an Engineer - D'oh!....
Still, I have a heard time fitting in the car - Even one that's done as sweet as yours.....
I guess I gotta get creative - or shrink?
I'll be picking you brain some - thanks for the offer -
Bottom line - YOU DID A GREAT JOB!
(And you call yourself a noob?)

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
And, BTW, THANK YOU for taking the time and effort to replace all the pics that were lost in the PhotoBucket Nightmare!
I can't imagine how much work that was!!
I just read the whole thread again from the beginning (should have it memorized soon) - The documentation is PRICELESS! Especially to a guy like me. This is what a GOOD forum is 'all about'... and THIS is a good forum!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
A/G
Thanks for the opportunity to See and touch your car at Woodward - Those Pics are AWESOME! It looks like its on ROIDS... but that's not even close to the BadAss-nes that you've built. SUCH a sweet car!!!
Fantastic work - Attention to detail - 'plan the work, work the plan' - Hard to tell that you are an Engineer - D'oh!....
Still, I have a heard time fitting in the car - Even one that's done as sweet as yours.....
I guess I gotta get creative - or shrink?
I'll be picking you brain some - thanks for the offer -
Bottom line - YOU DID A GREAT JOB!
(And you call yourself a noob?)
Thanks Mike! - It was a pleasure meeting you and your son at the Dream Cruise! I loved both your passion for cars and excitement over the Vette! It's so cool when people understand the level of detail that goes into the execution of such a project.

Anytime you need some help, let me know.
Take care!

I agree! The same guy could've taken those pics of my car and it wouldn't have look nearly as good... :cheers:
I'm not so sure about that! But thanks!

And, BTW, THANK YOU for taking the time and effort to replace all the pics that were lost in the PhotoBucket Nightmare!
I can't imagine how much work that was!!
I just read the whole thread again from the beginning (should have it memorized soon) - The documentation is PRICELESS! Especially to a guy like me. This is what a GOOD forum is 'all about'... and THIS is a good forum!
No problem! It's a slow process, indeed. Once Torch pointed out how to post pictures here, its just a matter of finding the time to repost all the links. If there is anything you need in the meantime, just let me know.
It's going to be a slow process for replacement as the pictures have to be found, compressed for size allowance and re-posted.
As mentioned previously, these pictures are invaluable to someone trying to follow our footsteps. It's critical that in the end, photobucket doesn't get to control that.

Slowly but surely!
Steve

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
Nothing New, Just some more photos

Hey guys,
Been a while!
The Vette is fantastic. Just enjoying driving it around, doing an occasional show & some cars & coffee events locally.

Thought I would check in and share a couple of photos taken by some folks that flag me down during some of my drives! Its so cool that some folks have such a reaction to the car!

When heading home with a buddy from cars & coffee, I had this car fly by me on the highway then slow down, the passenger window comes down (this is when my buttcheeks began to clinch) and out pops the passenger with a hefty camera hanging halfway out of his car snapping pics while we are doing 80mph!

The second, is a photographer from Toronto who he and his buddy waved me down while cruising. He's got some great skills and promises more pictures coming soon.

Enjoy!

421 - 440 of 453 Posts