Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

441 - 453 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys,
Been a while!
The Vette is fantastic. Just enjoying driving it around, doing an occasional show & some cars & coffee events locally.

Thought I would check in and share a couple of photos taken by some folks that flag me down during some of my drives! Its so cool that some folks have such a reaction to the car!

When heading home with a buddy from cars & coffee, I had this car fly by me on the highway then slow down, the passenger window comes down (this is when my buttcheeks began to clinch) and out pops the passenger with a hefty camera hanging halfway out of his car snapping pics while we are doing 80mph!

The second, is a photographer from Toronto who he and his buddy waved me down while cruising. He's got some great skills and promises more pictures coming soon.

Enjoy!

Here are a few pictures of my 69

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Woodward Dream Cruise

Been awhile since I last posted.
Update - Horn "ferrari" style dual horn with compressor installed. Sounds great!
I still owe everyone a walkthrough video! Got to get on that!

Driving and enjoying.
Here is a picture a friend took while cruising Woodward this last Thrusday night. Car Rocks!!!!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Standin' tall ! Yep, we need that vid and a lot more pics

·
Registered
24 Posts
A quick update. The car has a new home. Steve did an incredible job building the car and his attention to detail is amazing. I will try to maintain the car the best I can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Steve told me he hated to do it - but was moving out of the country for a few years for work.

Beautiful car- I'm sure the new owner will enjoy!!!

Congrats "DreamTheater"
Thank you Richard, Steve and I had long conversations on the phone regarding him selling the car. I told him that he has visitation rights whenever he wants. He is a great guy and wish him all the best. Ironically the car went from one Steve to another.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I saw the car on FB and had not realized he had sold it until then. I am sure that was hard for him after all of the hard work he put into it. Congrat's! you got yourself a really nice car there. Have fun with it! (duh) :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
Sold it to DreamTheater

Yep, I sold it!
As Richard stated, I have taken a new position with work out of the country. I hated the thought of the car just sitting for the time I will be gone.

DreamTheater and I have been communicating for some time about the vette (3+ years). I got a clear understanding that his passion for it was on the same level as mine. There is no doubt he will take great care of it. I feel confident that it is in good hands.

Like many of us 'car guys', much of my passion was in the challenge of building the vehicle. For me, in retrospect, I think I enjoyed the building of the vehicle more than the driving. That is saying a lot, considering how well it turned out! The joy was in the hours spent struggling to figure out how to get something to work and then suddenly you find the solution! The joy was in sharing the experience with my son and growing his passion for cars. The joy was with sharing the knowledge and experience with people on this forum that have the same level of passion. Thanks so much for your assistance, insight & experience. This community has saved me hundreds of hours worth of mistakes & a pile of $$$. Thank you so much for sharing. I only hope that what I documented here gives someone else the confidence to take on a project like this! I cant wait to see what's next!

I will check in with you all periodically to see where your projects are at and how you all are racking up the miles!
Take care!
Steve

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
thanks for checking in with us. you did a hell of a job on the car and I am sure the new steve will enjoy it a lot. Good luck on your new path. I am sure you will find new things to challenge yourself.
take care,
-brent

441 - 453 of 453 Posts