Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

41 - 60 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I also wondered now much weight I took off of mine between the undercoating stuff and all of the squeezed out glue that I chipped off. After that I went through and cleaned the whole underside. My right arm is hard to see but it is totally black, and my left arm has a white band on it where I wrapped plastic around it since I had just gotten stitches on there.

Yea; good times, but totally worth it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I also wondered now much weight I took off of mine between the undercoating stuff and all of the squeezed out glue that I chipped off. After that I went through and cleaned the whole underside. My right arm is hard to see but it is totally black, and my left arm has a white band on it where I wrapped plastic around it since I had just gotten stitches on there.

Yea; good times, but totally worth it. :thumbsup:
Don't forget the Spats...........

·
Registered
980 Posts
+1 for the cyber grey metallic. I went with the spiral grey metallic on the c5. Beautiful color. I was also liking the C4 color steel blue or blue steel.

***I would change my cars color to your color in a second if funds permitted*** :partyon:
By far my favorite color on a car-nice choice man!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Prep for more glass

Took a break from striping today to grind at the firewall, splitter and rear storage area today.

Still cant quite figure out why someone (bubba) cut holes in the rear storage area. Only thing I can think of was because the right side 1/2 shaft broke and they couldn't access it... But that's weak... Not sure. Either way, ground out the matt and will glass it all back in soon. PICS!!!

There was a poor repair at the driver footwell area;

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
They look like 9" speaker holes to me....

Great job and progress on the car, you really have got that sucker clean. Are you planning on doing a heat barrier coating on the firewall and underside?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
They look like 9" speaker holes to me....

Great job and progress on the car, you really have got that sucker clean. Are you planning on doing a heat barrier coating on the firewall and underside?

Good thought, but I'm not sure. The holes were covered by fiberglass. It was a poor repair and I cut it all out. The second photo above shows the glass in place before I cut it out.
Either way, its out and will be repaired shortly!

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Good thought, but I'm not sure. The holes were covered by fiberglass. It was a poor repair and I cut it all out. The second photo above shows the glass in place before I cut it out.
Either way, its out and will be repaired shortly!
Man, as clean as that is, Lizard Skin would be a no brainer! Do it while you have the chance. :partyon:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I was going to guess that the holes were about 6"x9".
It is all to clear: the PO was smokin some weed back in the day and wanted to listen to some zeppelin and thought it would be cool to put some speakers there. Then he went driving in the rain and realized he was blasting stairway to heaven outside the car right up to the point where the paper cones on his Jensen tri axial's died from the water.
So he ordered a pizza and left them there because the whole thing was harshin his buzz.
The next owner did a half ass job of fixing it.
Then you came along and fixed it right.
Glad I could help. :laughing:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Front of Dash

Getting Closer. Didn't realize how many holes there were to fill.

Also been stripping the engine down and cleaning/painting parts. Turning out good!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Damn that looks nice!
When I did my fire wall I filled in a triangular recess to the left of where the wiper motor goes.

If I had to do it all over again, and I am glad I don't have to, I would have filled in the shelf on each side of the wiper motor. It would really smooth out the whole firewall. I may still do it, but it will be harder with the motor in.

Looking good there. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Your doing well, I'm always happy to be done with glass work. Although it seems you are never done with it until there is paint on the car.

The chassis looks clean and new. You did a great job cleaning up the engine. Your work doesn't have the appearance of a noob. Have you decided on headers yet?

Gonna be a real fun car, keep the updates coming. Watching these cars come together is really cool.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Put the Body on the Frame

I'm close to removing the stock fenders and replacing them with the CIC's. Raised the suspension up and dropped the body back on today. Still lots of work to go but couldn't resist taking a few quick shots.

41 - 60 of 453 Posts