Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a love for Corvettes since the '60's. After many years of dreaming and many more passed on opportunities to own one, my two oldest children went out and bought me a 1st year C4 they found in Las Vegas that was in fairly good shape....they figured I "shouldn't have sat on that fence for so long"

I didn't know what to say to them and I still look outside and shake me head in disbelief that a 'vette is sitting in my driveway. I'm pretty lucky to have a couple of fine children like them.

When I get in the drivers seat, I know I was destined for this. The feel, the ride; it feels so natural. Now the only thing I have an urge to do is take a road trip...hopefully soon. There's still too many little things I want to work on before that road trip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
God deal on your 84. My first Vette was an 84 as well. I owned her for almost five years until I traded her for my 90 earlier this year. Enjoy!:thumbsup::cheers:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
just wait

just wait till u need a replacement part as i do. a brake master cylinder new not rebuilt, are they discontinuing certain parts?

Corvette America no longer handles certain parts.

maybe we will have to get rid of our C4s?
ha.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just wait till u need a replacement part as i do. a brake master cylinder new not rebuilt, are they discontinuing certain parts?

Corvette America no longer handles certain parts.

maybe we will have to get rid of our C4s?
ha.
I haven't had a real problem with finding parts....yet. I did notice that Mid-America handles mostly C5 - C6, so it does worry me as well in that respect.

But gas prices of late worry me even more :laughing:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gas prices !

But gas prices of late worry me even more ?
You have not seen the top yet,in Norway one litre of gasoline is 14 Norwegian krone.
That is 53 Norwegian krone for one galon of fuel
You get $ 8.83 dollar for one galon of fuel.:huh:
Crazy or what!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But gas prices of late worry me even more ?
You have not seen the top yet,in Norway one litre of gasoline is 14 Norwegian krone.
That is 53 Norwegian krone for one galon of fuel
You get $ 8.83 dollar for one galon of fuel.:huh:
Crazy or what!
I don't doubt that we'll see close to those prices soon enough....sigh...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts