Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried to start my car and it had some issues turning on. It was making the clicking sound when turning on so I stopped turning it. I tried again but this time no lights came on besides the driver seatbelt sign and engine light would only turn on. After I turned the keys to off the security light would flash rapidly faster than it usually does. I tried jump starting the car but that didn’t help at all. If anyone could offer some insight please help. And I do think it is a battery but I’m not 100% sure.
31D8446F-F5DC-4ED0-8663-23DA92A2BAE3.jpeg

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
Sure sounds like the battery. When you get a replacement make sure you get one with the same specs as the original not some AutoZone or Pep Boys aftermarket. Your C5 will thank you. There have been a lot ot reports of issues traced back to the batteries.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
How old is your battery? Five years is a reasonable expectation. Can they go longer? Absolutely, but usually after that you're on borrowed time.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
5 years is reasonable the one on my '04 Z lasted for 12 years and i only replaced it then because I was afraid of it quitting out in the middle of nowhere,

P.S. I did replace it with a factory one fro the dealer. Like I said before, make sure it is the correct battery

1 - 5 of 5 Posts