Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, GM has made available a set of 427 emblems for the hood of the C6 Z06. Of course, I had to have a set.

This is my first (and last) experience with GM Parts Direct.. if you ever need something for your Vette, do all you can to find someone other than GM Parts Direct to order from...

First, the emblems are supposed to $65 for a pair... When we heard they were finally available, we ordered a set. We were informed that the price with shipping would now be $135. OK, stuff changes.. so we went ahead and ordered a set. We were told they would arrive in 4-6 days. 5 days later our package arrives. A huge box, at least 18x18x18 inches shows up at our door. It's filled with packing material. This is a good thing. I actually touched the prototype emblems at the NCM so I know that they are a bit flimsy. We dig through the packing material and find a smaller box buried in the middle. We open the much smaller box to find a rolled up paper template. And NOTHING else.. Talk about being surprised.

So a call goes into GM Parts Direct. Oops.. they have no telephone number.... you can only reach them by e-mail. So we send an e-mail expecting the worse. That evening we get a return note apologizing for the mix up and an assurance that the emblems would ship the following morning. We were hoping they might send them overnight so we could have them for the weekend. No such luck.. However, 5 days later, today, they arrived. This time the real emblems do actually arrive in a box not much larger than the emblems. The box is home made.. meaning its a piece of cardboard folded and taped to a size to ship the emblems and nothing more. The box is crushed, literally. We open it and there are no packing materials of any kind, nothing at all... just the emblems bouncing around in the bottom of the box. We examined them and they appear to undamaged. Truly unbelievable. You would think after the first mistake they would have gone out of their way to insure we received our items on time and in good shape. These emblems are not inexpensive.

OK, rants over.. To say the least, I am very disappointed with GM Parts Direct. If there was someone to complain to at GM, I would. Since I can't yell at them. I'll yell at the Internet... LOL

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did get the parts and they arrived fine. I was just disappointed with service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts