Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
The Head light converstion is great! It opens so quick! Chris's wiper door will be great too! The Linear actuator version on my wiper door works great too, but Chris's Headlight actuater on the wiper door system will probably be very fast and probably cheaper too? You should be able to source pop up headlight actuaters from many other car models to use for your project?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey, i saw a yellow c3 with a rat pack (i think) sticker on the widshield for sale in classic cars mag.... do you know this owner?

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
69 DIRTY RAT said:
Yes he's a good friend of mine! Its a fantastic vette, I dont want him to sell it!
it isn't MJ427's is it? Didn't he just finish it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, i was thinking of buying the set on GM parts direct for the killer lights C 4 conversion. but which parts would i need to order for the wiper door?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thats by far one of the most well done ZL-1 replicas ever! Too bad only two I believe of the factory cars still exist! What do you think it will run in the 1/4 mile? I would assume in the 10's!

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Hey, i was thinking of buying the set on GM parts direct for the killer lights C 4 conversion. but which parts would i need to order for the wiper door?
69MyWay http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/ has devised a cool way of using head light actuacters for the wiper door. But I'm not sure if he's got it out there yet?

I used an electric 12V Linear actuator with a switch in place of the vacuum can! Its hard to get a picture because I'd have to take the steel cover that was made to go over the actuator off. I bought the actuator locally, so you would have to check out somewhere locally to get one!

I Got mine from...
http://www.motiontech.com.au/assets/pdf/LEA 2.pdf
*I'm not sure if this is the exact one I got?

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Thats by far one of the most well done ZL-1 replicas ever! Too bad only two I believe of the factory cars still exist! What do you think it will run in the 1/4 mile? I would assume in the 10's!
Hopefully 10's BUT havent tried yet, I havent strengthened the driveline enough to my liking yet!

201 - 220 of 258 Posts