Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
WOW!!!!

Bro, that is one awesome car!!!

Very impressive!!!

I bet you have to carry a baseball bat with you, just to beat the chicks off of you with that car!!!!

Great Job!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
js292 here you go!

Hey Double_Take are you still comin Downunder in Dec? Dont forget to email me if you're coming!
Hell yeah! I cant wait.

Ill shoot an email your way later this afternoon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
69DR-- I saw you plate and had to share mine-- soory the picture is a bit off..

·
Registered
245 Posts
69 dirty rats car is now a tv star on a show over here in oz

BLOOD SWEAT & GEARS Featuring Andy Felton with his 69 corvette

Seven finalists will compete in a series of challenges that will determine Australia’s best car driver over eight weeks. The grand final is played out in front of a crowd of 50,000 car lovers at the annual Spring Nationals in Melbourne.

McGregor is a bit of a car enthusiast himself. He loves taking his car for a drive along Victorias surf cast down The Great Ocean Road. Scott’s passion for cars and natural flair in front of the camera lead him to be selected as host of the show which launches on FOX8 January 18 2008.

Press Release:

Continues Fridays at 8.00pm
Launches Friday January 18 at 8.00pm
WORLD PREMIERE

BLOOD SWEAT & GEARS sets out to discover Australia’s best car and the driver behind the wheel.

After an extensive Australia wide search for the country’s best cars, seven finalists are chosen to compete in a series of challenges that will determine Australia’s best car driver over eight weeks of challenges. The grand final is played out in front of a crowd of 50,000 car lovers at the annual Spring Nationals in Melbourne.

The contestants are:
Andrew – Japanese Import (Nissan 200SX) To Andrew, performance and driving comes first, he likes to live life to full boost!
Andy – American Muscle (Chevy Corvette) Andy reckons life’s about grunt, that’s why he’s got 540 cubic inches of chevy muscle.
Dave – Classic Australian (Holden LJ Torana) Dav’es got a V8 Torana – it may be a small car but it gives a big performance.
Dimitri – Classic Australian (Ford GT Falcon) Dimitri’s the big man – that’s why he’s got 427 cubes of Falcon GT.
Dominic – Performance Rotary (Mazda RX7) Dominic’s built one of the most modified and powerful RX7’s in Australia – he takes his car very seriously and is in this to win it.
Jeremy - Australian Muscle (Holden Commodore VL HDT) Jeremy idolises Peter Brock. His car is a Brock original.
Mohamed - High Performance European (Ferrari 350 Modena) Mohamed has a need for speed. Oh, and he’s the king of bling. (check out the gold tooth)

Hosted by newcomer Scott McGregor with official judges Ian Luff and Nathan Luck, BLOOD SWEAT & GEARS is more than just a car show. As well as showcasing the latest innovations in street car modifications, it will be a clash of egos as Australia’s most passionate car lovers will battle it out to be recognised as the best.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks for bringing this thread back up. It motivates me. Getting of the computer now to go work on my car. That is still the baddest MOFO on the street. I wish I could see that car in person.
Bee Jay

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'd smear peanut butter on my shlong and let a donkey lick it off just to own that car.

:thud:
:rolling: :rolling:

Gorgeous car!! Even if Patrick almost ruined it!! :crazy:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Good luck andy!

Is there anyway to get those videos up on youtube or somewhere we can watch you kick some ass?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kindly support

I had to keep it secret until we had our National Convention on the Weekend.

1969 ZL-1 Chevrolet Corvette - Replica

RESTORATION / MODIFICATION BY

• CLASSIC FABRICATIONS PTY LTD, Fairy Meadow, NSW, Australia

ENGINE
• 540 CUBIC INCH (8.8 LITRE) DISPLACEMENT - SHAFIROFF ULTRA STREET ENGINE. NEW YORK, USA
• Donovan D500 9.8 (shaved 10.2) Aluminum Block
• Dart Pro1 325cc Aluminum Heads
• Moroso Street/Strip Oil Pan, Oil Pump & Pick Up
• HP Harmonic Balancer
• Internally Balanced & Professionally Blueprinted
* Holley Fuel Injection system,shaved manifold,2000cfm throttle body
• MSD Electronic Ignition. Pro Billet Dist, MSD-6AL ignition control, Blaster SS Coil.
• MSD Rev Limiter
• Powermaster Hi-Torque Mini Starter Motor
• Mahle Custom Coated 10.5-1 Forged Pistons
• Comp Cams "StreetRoller" Cam & Kit
• Comp Cams 1.7 Pro Magnum Roller Rockers
• Crane (HIPPO) Extreme Duty Solid Roller Lifters
• Eagle 4340 3D Steel Rods w/L19 Rod Bolts
• Callies 4340 Dragonslayer Crank
• Billet Specialties Tru-Trak Serpintine system with A/C
• 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII fan

HORSEPOWER

• Dynoed @ Factory - 712.5 HP (531KW) @ 6100RPM, 688.9 lbft Torque (934Nm)@ 4600RPM
* Now it has 747hp (557kw)& 709Ft/lbs (961nm) Flywheel @ 5534rpm, 622 rwhp

TRANSMISSION

• Tremec TKO-600 5–speed Ratios: 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.0, 0.64
• Aluminum Driveshaft

DIFF

• 3.73 ratio, Tom's Diff's, also H/D half-shafts/flanges

BRAKES

• FRONT 14in Slotted Rotor / C6 caliper, BACK Standard size Wilwood Drilled/Slotted.

EXHAUST

• Hooker Dual SidePipes - 2 1/8 Primaries, 4 inch collector, 4 inch pipes
• Car Chemistry muffler inserts
• Extra Quieting by GT Motorsport, Kirrawee Australia.

WHEELS & TYRES

• STREET - INTRO 18 x 10 Pentia, soft lip. 18 x 12 Pentia soft lip.
• Michelin 275/35ZR18, 335/30ZR18 Pilot sport
• CIRCUIT – Wheels (still to come), Tires - Hoosier 275/35-18,335/30-18

RADIATOR

• Be Cool, USA. Aluminum

SUSPENSION

• Composite Monospring Front & Back
• Sway bars 1 ¼ front ¾ back
• Bilstein gas shocks
• Polyurethane bushes
• Heavy duty Upper / Lower A-Arms
• Spreader Bar – links front shocks
• Smart Struts & Performance Camber Rod Kit
• 6 – Link still to come

STEERING

• STEEROIDS Rack & Pinion

MISC.

* 32 Gallon (120L) Aluminum Gas Tank
• Electrified headlight system by Chris McDonald @... http://www.mcspeed.com/
• Electrified wiper door actuator by Motion Technologies Australia. Also info @ http://www.mcspeed.com/
• Paint by Classic Restorations (Wollongong,Australia)
• Engine Metal Fabrication by Classic Restorations
• Auto Meter Gauges (behind Radio delete plate)
• Heavy Duty Off-set Trailing arms

ROLLBAR & CHASSIS STRENTHENING

• Classic Fabrications, Chrome moly X piping linking chassis. Chrome moly 4 point Roll Bar
hello thanks for the interesting topic but i would like to know where did you buy your rims from ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
You Dirty Rat... That looks wonderfull...:partyon:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
New Guy from Jersey

Hey Rat, Great looking ride. Love the flairs and the Baldwin-Motion paint scheme. Do me a favor and post a shot of the engine bay. Super job
Larry 1stvtt1981

241 - 258 of 258 Posts