Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Definetly fast for a IRS c3 with no power adders;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was that a 10.77 ?

Sweet !!!! :partyon::partyon::partyon:

yep, [email protected] mph. 1.58 60's. I did have a 1.57 60' earlier in the night. Then I blew the tires off on one run and went 1.68 so on what turned into my 10.77 pass, I left a little softer just to get it to hook because I knew it would be my last pass.

I had been running 1/8 mile all night. 3 - [email protected] in a row. DA was around +700'. Pretty good air but I was hoping for better. Now it is retired again until Feb or March....I will make a few changes next time out including some lightweight front runners....I should get some [email protected] even a 10.599999 if I get some -400' air and put some oxygenated fuel in it and bump the timing to 34*.(I only had 32* of timing in it friday night, straight 93 oct pump gas)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice run. Let's try to plan a gtg for early next year, after I get some mods. done! Let's see if we can get a bunch of Texas boys together.

Hell yeah! I am down for that.... We can get a cruise, a race, a show....whatever.....Just let me know....

I would love to see your monster run.....I would imagine at 650rwhp, you should go mid 9s with no problem....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alan-
You didn't waste any time getting that new Super !0 to the strip huh....Great Run!!! Congratulaitons on your new best E/T! Can wait to hear that you've bested it again. Thanks for posting the video.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hell yeah! I am down for that.... We can get a cruise, a race, a show....whatever.....Just let me know....

I would love to see your monster run.....I would imagine at 650rwhp, you should go mid 9s with no problem....:thumbsup:
9's are a lot tougher than 10's...but she should be high 9's. I got the 10 point cage in, just need to get the required safety stuff (fire suit, new harness, etc.) so I don't get booted. I need to round up a 4L80 this winter, and beef up the axles/differential. :cheers:

I've never run at HRP, so I would trailer it up there. San Antonio has a good track, too. Been there, just have not run there either.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
The car looks good, I bet there is a lot of "peace of mind" having the upgraded IRS.
much better to have peace of mind than pieces of shrapnel in your diff :laughing:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah Tracdogg's Super 10 bolt held up well. Still very quiet on the ride home after 4- 1.58 60's....and that is pushing 3700lbs of pork... I no longer worry about rear end or outer spindle issues....I just let it eat. :thumbsup:

I still need to get my 60's down into the 1.47 range or so....I think it's gonna need a converter change and drag wheels to get it....I'm gonna see how quick I can go with what I have for now though...mainly because I'm broke...lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
10 Second club! Congratulations - With the weight of your Vette that is seriously impressive, imagine what it could do with a few lbs of weight shaved. Like the old saying goes, there aint no replacement for displacement (even with the extra weight that comes with it).

Again congrats! :partyon: :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
VERY NICE!!:partyon:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts