Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the trip over to Straightline Performance on friday to have my intake and throttlebody ported and retune my car on there mustang dyno. All i can say is WOW what a difference Mike did tuning my car. He tuned my car for a good 4 hours with me asking alot of questions and him showing me everything he was changing on the car for me.For you guys that think you have TM disabled on your car like i did CHECK AGAIN because if you remove and set it up the right way for all parameters for the engine and tranny it is a night and day difference especially during the shifts. My car picked up an additional 20 peak HP with the porting and a new tune from [email protected]! Thanks Mike!

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
There's nothing like a good tuner, congrats! Drive the wheels off that thing!:partyon:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's nothing like a good tuner, congrats! Drive the wheels off that thing!:partyon:
I could not agree more! There are alot of C6 guys including myself out there running around believing there cars have TM removed but if the TM tables are not set right in every parameter you are not even getting the full affects like i was and when done right right you will not believe the difference it is simply amazing:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am very excited to get my car back to the track to see the difference it made just waiting on similar air temperature conditions for best comparison. It feels 3 to 4 tenths faster and expecting my car should run close to 11.40's @ 125;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
congrats on the new power...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Can you scan in your dyno pulls? I would like to see the before and after.
What did you end up with?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I could not agree more! There are alot of C6 guys including myself out there running around believing there cars have TM removed but if the TM tables are not set right in every parameter you are not even getting the full affects like i was and when done right right you will not believe the difference it is simply amazing:D
Sorry to be stupid, but I'm a newbie here and am looking to get a tune. What's "TM" ?? My last Vette didn't have a computer.

·
Registered
762 Posts
do a search for "Torque Management" should come up with more than you'd care to digest.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to be stupid, but I'm a newbie here and am looking to get a tune. What's "TM" ?? My last Vette didn't have a computer.
jdwk
I have no way of scanning my dyno results otherwise i would.

Tom C.
TM known as torque management which in short term is GM's way of pulling timing near the shift points and off the line pulling timing at full throttle starts to help save the life of the tranny and rear end and slows down are cars quite a bit. The only way to eliminate most of TM right now is to have the very latest beta software which i believe was released in early June which i just had done. You just would not believe the difference if you rode in a A6 that has there TM set up like mine it is just incredible the way it runs down low and shifts are very very scary to a point that the car can and will get away from you in a hurry if not ready for it:surprised Good luck modding!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts