1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
The Black one looks cool.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I kinda like it in black! I kinda like 'em all in black - C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, SS. The chrome is an eye-catcher for sure, though! The one in the mirror is a great view!

·
Registered
214 Posts
:down: :WTF :crazy: :huh: :toilet sorry but I have to say its REALLY UGLY

Redvette8:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Redvette8 said:
:down: :WTF :crazy: :huh: :toilet sorry but I have to say its REALLY UGLY

Redvette8:D
lol that is ok for the people for the people that think is really ugly a mean u must not like stingrays.lol: if you look closer my designs does look alot like the stingrays i just think if someone was up to make a new stingray it will look something like this. lol the rear i got inspired by this
:hump:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jesse said:
hey, tonyboo, those were great, you keep on being creative
thanks jesse what really made me make this design is that i kept reading that treads that people want to see the new stingray jeeejjjeje so i thought i would make one following the lines from a 69 stingray and just added some new futures to it to create something that in my opinion that if GM wanted to make a retro of the stingray it will kinda look like this plus i used real time dimentions to make it as real possible.:drink:
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Personally, I think it's sweet! I;m not all that fond of the silver but that black...I'll take 2:thumbsup:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I appreciate your modelling skill, but I don't like the car. The front end looks too much like a shaved down viper concept (the eyes anyway) and I don't dig the double spoiler all that much. I think that the whole thing could benefit from a weight watchers program. If it looked like it weighed 3000 lbs instead of 5000 then it would be a lot more graceful. As it is, it looks like it was carved directly out of a chunk of aluminum.

I also object to being lumped into a group of Stingray haters.
for the people for the people that think is really ugly a mean u must not like stingrays.lol: if you look closer my designs does look alot like the stingrays
I personally would rather own a 69 Stingray than pretty much any other car on the planet. I adore C3's and resent the implication that those of us who did not like the mid engined C3 concept are anti-corvette insurgents. Much to the contrary, I think the picture that you posted below of the Mid-engined C3 is kinda ugly while maintaining clearly identifiable Corvette of the era characteristics. I just don't particularly like it, but at the same time recognize that experimentation is one of the things that makes the Vette as wonderful as it is.

All of that having been said, I do think that your model deserves merit. It may not look like a Corvette to me now, but it certainly could with a few tweaks. Like I said, as far as constructive criticism goes, put it on a diet, make the eyes a little bigger, the curves a little more curvy with the lower weight, and lower the window sills so it doesn't look like it's wearing a parka up to it's hairline and you might have a truly wonderful thing working. Good job so far.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
SCharger said:
I appreciate your modelling skill, but I don't like the car. The front end looks too much like a shaved down viper concept (the eyes anyway) and I don't dig the double spoiler all that much. I think that the whole thing could benefit from a weight watchers program. If it looked like it weighed 3000 lbs instead of 5000 then it would be a lot more graceful. As it is, it looks like it was carved directly out of a chunk of aluminum.

I personally would rather own a 69 Stingray than pretty much any other car on the planet. I adore C3's and resent the implication that those of us who did not like the mid engined C3 concept are anti-corvette insurgents. Much to the contrary, I think the picture that you posted below of the Mid-engined C3 is kinda ugly while maintaining clearly identifiable Corvette of the era characteristics. I just don't particularly like it, but at the same time recognize that experimentation is one of the things that makes the Vette as wonderful as it is.

All of that having been said, I do think that your model deserves merit. It may not look like a Corvette to me now, but it certainly could with a few tweaks. Like I said, as far as constructive criticism goes, put it on a diet, make the eyes a little bigger, the curves a little more curvy with the lower weight, and lower the window sills so it doesn't look like it's wearing a parka up to it's hairline and you might have a truly wonderful thing working. Good job so far.
hey my friend thanks for the constructive criticism. i really apreciated all the comments jejeejej that is what this is all about on this forum to talk about corvettes this is just a concept you r totally in ur right to like it or dislike it i mean it wouldnt be no point of making an exact reaplica of a stingray. even right now some people think the C6 and the viper kinda look alike i did made one concept with bigger lights and i didnt like cuz it kinda look like the ferrari 360 modena if you look closer at the front of the car i made it kinda pointy like to resamble the mako shark corvette. and i do agree with you and whole weigth thing u know i norest that too i think some of the prespective from the pics make it just to look that way cuz i used the dimentions from C5 corvette ADDING FEW INCH IN THE REAR FOR THE CONVERTIBLE. i will post one pic side by side of a 69 stingray and my design so we can look at the curves. i will lower the windshield pillars and keep working on it. thanks my friend . SALUD:partyon: :smokin:

ok here is side by side just look at the stingray concept that gm made back in the 90's :crazy:
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
6 Posts
tonyboo said:
lol that is ok for the people for the people that think is really ugly a mean u must not like stingrays.lol: if you look closer my designs does look alot like the stingrays i just think if someone was up to make a new stingray it will look something like this. lol the rear i got inspired by this
:hump:
Looks more like a Ferrari Dino than a Stingray IMHO. Nice work, though. Wish I had the CAD training...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm willing to go out on a limb and flat out predict that the Blue Devil won't look much different from the existing C6 Z-06. In fact, it probably will be a Z-06, except for the engine, which will obliterate anything out there, including the best of whatever Ferrari has up its sleeves.

As for the price, you will be paying for 100,000 dollars worth of performance and exotic engineering, not looks. The price is the entrance fee for the most awesome production car in the history of 4 wheeled conveyances. If that isn't enough for you, there will be a wing option to set it apart from more pedestrian pushrod engined Corvettes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SCharger said:

here is the one with diferent headlights
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
C6Jeff said:
Looks more like a Ferrari Dino than a Stingray IMHO. Nice work, though. Wish I had the CAD training...
[/URL][/IMG] ferrari dino lol??
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts