Sweet ride.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Looks and sounds great!

·
Super Moderator
8,495 Posts

the car looks nice but Id point out that your restricting the engine with that air cleaner design, in both the degree of filtration which will eventually promote wear, and air flow rates which effects high rpm power,now Im fully aware hood clearance is a major issue with those year corvettes (having owned a 1968 and a 1976) but you can use a drop base air cleaner if you shop carefully of fabricate a custom air cleaner

these guys MIGHT help

http://www.ramairbox.com/product.html

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Here's hoping my C3 will be as much of a pain in the neck as my C6 has.:D A supercharger in the C3 sure would help.;)

Looks great as always, be it's a blast to drive.:partyon:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Here's hoping my C3 will be as much of a pain in the neck as my C6 has.:D A supercharger in the C3 sure would help.;)

Looks great as always, be it's a blast to drive.:partyon:
Hi Jeannie,

Your reaction reminds me of your question about Cragar wheels, in another thread. How about the wheels on this C3 for yours?
I think that they look stunning!

:buhbye: Ronald

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice work. And a good catch by Grump..it was the second thing I thought of when I seen the pictures. I cant imagine how much air that thing could flow :thud:
Gary

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

the car looks nice but Id point out that your restricting the engine with that air cleaner design, in both the degree of filtration which will eventually promote wear, and air flow rates which effects high rpm power,now Im fully aware hood clearance is a major issue with those year corvettes (having owned a 1968 and a 1976) but you can use a drop base air cleaner if you shop carefully of fabricate a custom air cleaner

these guys MIGHT help

http://www.ramairbox.com/product.html

The air cleaner in the picture was just temporary but thanks
for the information.

·
Registered
126 Posts
lowkeytow,
So now that you have had this for a while, what do you think of it?
Lots of torque no doubt but drive ability?
Gas mileage..:rolling:
Gary

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still a work in progress so haven’t driven it enough to say much except that it has a lot more power than the 327 it had originally. It handles very comparable to the small block but you can definitely feel the difference in weight up front.

Will update once I get the hood and exhaust system figured out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts