Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daddy's seat is flooded!

I'm posting this so everyone can give me a :nuts: :laughing:

There was a storm that blew in yesterday and I never heard it. I had both windows all the way down. I didn't get too much inside on the dash and none of the switches got wet THANK GOD!! But my seat had standing water in it on the drivers side and the pass. side just got wet. I dried it off the best I could and was going to leave the windows open to airdry but that damn rush hour storm was just on the horizon. My car leaks in the rain anyway and we got a ton of rain last night. I bet it stinks like mildew when I open it up later. :(
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
sounds like something one of my girls would say!

oh, and all C4's leak, particularly at the intersection of the windshield, top, and side windows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,348 Posts
Ya im trying to get my dad to replace the old weather striping on his 85 Coupe. This one time we went to a spray car wash (You know the ones you do by hand) and he pointed that at my window and he got up near the top and the weather striping let all the water in. I have made fun of him to the day for being so old and stupid.:laughing:
 

·
Official Forklift Driver
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the wxstrip on the targa and windhield and it reduced the water intake to a slow drip instead of the slow trickle I had when it was shot. I tried to realign the top and that was impossible. I also had the windshield re-sealed and that helped out big time. When I bought the car there were little balls of sealer between the windshield and that frame that goes around itinstead of it being spread out. I just make sure I don't have any passengers when it rains.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
War Machine said:
I replaced the wxstrip on the targa and windhield and it reduced the water intake to a slow drip instead of the slow trickle I had when it was shot. I tried to realign the top and that was impossible. I also had the windshield re-sealed and that helped out big time. When I bought the car there were little balls of sealer between the windshield and that frame that goes around itinstead of it being spread out. I just make sure I don't have any passengers when it rains.
If you do have any smell in your car, FaBreeze will take it right out. Just spray it on all the carpeting, seats, and targa liner. You'll be amazed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Water leaks

Eckeler's sells a product called roof panel rain gutter moldings They are about $60. They snap on to the black trim on your roof. Very simple to put on or take. If you did not know better you would think they came on the car. I have replace all my weatherstripping around the roof & still had minor leaks. This product really did help. It channels the run off water away from the window.
 

·
Official Forklift Driver
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Water leaks

Patrick96LT4 said:
If you do have any smell in your car, FaBreeze will take it right out. Just spray it on all the carpeting, seats, and targa liner. You'll be amazed.
I forgot all about that stuff, thanks for the reminder. :thumbsup:

It smells of old car with a hint of mildew. Time to go to Walgreens and pick some up.


jbrown said:
Eckeler's sells a product called roof panel rain gutter moldings They are about $60. They snap on to the black trim on your roof. Very simple to put on or take. If you did not know better you would think they came on the car. I have replace all my weatherstripping around the roof & still had minor leaks. This product really did help. It channels the run off water away from the window.
They look kind of big in the catalog picture. Do you have any pics of it on your car? Thanks.
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
36,412 Posts
It's said that there are two kinds of Vettes. Those that leak and those that leak a whole lot.

Just make sure you lubricate under the seat to keep away the rust.
 

·
Official Forklift Driver
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jbrown,

I saw your photos in the gallery. I couldn't even tell you had them roof panel gutter moldings on! :cool: How far up front do they go? Most of my leaking is from the left and right front corners of the targa. I rarely ever have the window open when it's raining, like for instance a fast food drive-thru.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
88 Vette Leak

My 88 leaks on the drivers side. Does anyone have pics of that rain gutter for vettes, that is installed on their vette?

Louisiana Cajun
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top