Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have allway's been into cars bikes boats ect,.I have Two boy's (21 married gone,and 18) and one girl (19)and figured the boy's would be gear heads too.
Well I also got them all into music and they all took to it too! The boy's have been in bands and are into music(guitars,ect,) more than cars.
(They like hot cars but music is their first love.)
My daughter Samantha 19,is a good singer but has allways wanted a muscle car.
Her dream car is a 69 camaro!(of course!LOL!)
We knew that that was out of her range rite now so we kept an open mind and spent alot of time lookin.I came across a car that might not be a muscle car but would fit the bill for now.I had to go a long way to pick it up but it was worth it!
Her new ride is a 74 302 4brl 2dr maverick.This car is not a grabber but is a factory v-8 car.
(Now the clincher,,,,49,000 original miles!!)
How does $1600.00 sound? It was very solid and under primer.The last owner removed the side trim and welded the trim holes and was cleaning up the body for paint.It was an ugly green,but it will be a good one for her to learn with.Not what I had in mind at first but I could not pass it up.She loves it! We have allready started on it's make over.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Cool, How are things going down in Lawson?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, How are things going down in Lawson?
Very slow,,,but we are all good!:thumbsup:

How bout you?Latest project????

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Looks like a nice ride. 302' s are nice and easy to
work on. A little cam and a shot of NOS and you
can get her turning some good times at the track.
You might as well get all you can out of the gear
head you got. :laughing: Bonding at the track.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a nice ride. 302' s are nice and easy to
work on. A little cam and a shot of NOS and you
can get her turning some good times at the track.
You might as well get all you can out of the gear
head you got. :laughing: Bonding at the track.
LOL!Yeah,her and my wife want to drag race!Go figure!:laughing:
I will have to build a car soon.(like I need more to do!):thumbsup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still working on the 71. body work right now, I hate body work.
Yeah I hear ya!! It takes alot of motivation!
(That I'm lacking rite now!)
If you need anything for it let me know,I'll see what I got lyin around.Do you have any pic's???I need motivation.:D

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
There is a lemon yellow Maverick that looks JUST like that (but different hub caps) and I see it all the time in our local Best Buy parking lot. I bet you this car is 100% original, it's amazing. I'll try to grab a pic.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Only thing I can think of better than a V-8 Mavrick is a V-8 Pinto. Very cool Share some more pics when you can.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I had one - in my youth.

Fun, did not handle for $hit. I found the rear would pass the front, suddenly, without notice when doing burnouts.

Also,

Mine had a 302 and I thought all the V-8's were grabbers, learn somthing new every day.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
She needs to paint it like the Stallion Maverick, I loved this car when it first came out in 1976.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's gonna be wicked!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
258 Posts
My first car (almost 30 years ago) was a '74 Maverick Grabber. A weird cream color <G>. I beat the hell out of that $700 car.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I was a teenager We had a blue 2dr 72 Mercury Comet.
It was Kinda cool but it had the straight six in it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

[/QUOTE]

This weekend we worked on those ugly bumpers.We removed the bumperettes and brought the bumpers in close to the body.
(probably shortened the car by 6")Thinking about narrowing them too but they look much better now with what we have done so far.No new pics yet.I have also came up with a very nice set of Ansen slots for it!She is getting stoked!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's an update.The motor is pretty much done.Headers and goodies are on.Wheels and tires are now on and it is only waiting on me to install the floor shifter,buckets, and exhaust to be ready to drive.The body will come next.
I will have udated pics soon.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Sounds like its coming along...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well its on the road!It's a little faster than planned but She is very level headed.She wanted a Muscle car and got a car with muscle.I took it for a spin tonight after setting the carb and timming,I came back with a smile!The big pipe and flowmasters sound great!Here's a few from tonight.She was going to an 80's party with her beau!(He makes a good nerd!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts