Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forums and new to vettes. I just got my hands on a 69 blue 427 auto. Its not a numbers matching block but, it is a vette block. Needs a tune up cause shes a little rich but I am in total love with it. I'm so glad I went with a big block:partyon: She likes to move!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270651323644&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If there are any local guys in North West Indiana, pm me some time. I'd love to hear from some other vette nuts.

thanks
Bryan

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
congrats on the new ride! Looks like you got a pretty good car for the money :thumbsup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice find. I would replace the weatherstrips, they look bad.

·
Registered
230 Posts
awesmome ! nice find ! I would love to get my hands on a nice classic like this !

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Beautiful!

Welcome to the C3 club. :cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Beautiful Vette!:cheers:

Lemans blue on blue was always my favorite color combo.

Ofcourse there is always things that will need to be done to it...you can spend every weekend trying to make one perfect...just work on it as you go and have a blast driving it....

First mod I would do is put longer bolts in the rear spring to lower the rear of the car down a couple inches. Then cruise from there...

Nice purchase on that one though...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Great looking Vette, Bryan. Seems like a good deal for
a big block car. Everything looks in order from the pics on the e-bay site. Not a bad price either.

I love C3s. Enjoy driving it. They are a lot of fun.
I get my 81 out as often as possible.

Good luck with your ride and welcome to DC.Com.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Hey Bryan!

Nice ride. Looks like a very good buy. :thumbsup:
I'd love a big block. :partyon:

I'm in Schererville. Let me know if you need anything or just want to get the cars out for a play date. :laughing:

I agree on replacing the weather stripping. Easy job and will make the car look 40 years newer. :laughing: Contact Melrose T Top for Corvette Rubber Co seals. :thumbsup:

Keep in touch.
:cheers:

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Welcome Bryan, :cheers:

Nice ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys!! She's loud, low, and ready to go. I'm in love

BlckSlvr79, any weekend as long as there isn't salt on the road. I'm game for a cruise. Oh, and I'll have plenty of questions too.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase (My favorite year and color). Kick around dropping down to Kokomo sometime next summer for one of our events. Depending on which month your car was built, maybe I won't have the oldest car there again. :laughing:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase (My favorite year and color). Kick around dropping down to Kokomo sometime next summer for one of our events. Depending on which month your car was built, maybe I won't have the oldest car there again. :laughing:
I know how you feel. I think Im the youngest guy in my club and have one of the oldest cars. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts