Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently sold a C6 so I could turn around and buy a somewhat less expensive C3. Early C3s have always been my favorite design of all time, and now I finally have one. I'm very happy with it so far. I wish I could keep both Vettes but that is beyond my means. Although I've had an old muscle car before, this is very different and it's a learning experience for me. I'm 29 so I wasn't around when these cars were more common.

It's a 1969 4 speed car in very nice driver condition. The 350/300 engine is original numbers matching (could use some engine bay sprucing up though), the interior appears to be mostly original but in good shape, and the paint job (car is originally riverside gold) is only a year old. All of the chrome is in great shape and the weather stripping is new. Yes, I know that's not the original hood, and no, I don't know how it got on the car. I do like it better than the regular hood though so I'm leaving it on. I paid $16k for the car.

And the car I had to lose to get it:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Great car and one nice color

Thanks for sharing

That antenna is a Monster thoe dude

I mean Chevy made some King size Antenna's back in the Day,

I think I might consider something smaller for myself.

Regards Bon:nuts:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Great car and one nice color

Thanks for sharing

That antenna is a Monster thoe dude

I mean Chevy made some King size Antenna's back in the Day,

I think I might consider something smaller for myself.

Regards Bon:nuts:
Nice,

I also like the C3 vette body style the best, the 2011 ZR-1 is king, but I have neither. I am in the middle it's all about compromise.

·
Registered
676 Posts
nice

So I recently sold a C6 so I could turn around and buy a somewhat less expensive C3. Early C3s have always been my favorite design of all time, and now I finally have one. I'm very happy with it so far. I wish I could keep both Vettes but that is beyond my means. Although I've had an old muscle car before, this is very different and it's a learning experience for me. I'm 29 so I wasn't around when these cars were more common.

It's a 1969 4 speed car in very nice driver condition. The 350/300 engine is original numbers matching (could use some engine bay sprucing up though), the interior appears to be mostly original but in good shape, and the paint job (car is originally riverside gold) is only a year old. All of the chrome is in great shape and the weather stripping is new. Yes, I know that's not the original hood, and no, I don't know how it got on the car. I do like it better than the regular hood though so I'm leaving it on. I paid $16k for the car.
You and I are in the same boat as my previous owner decided to switch hoods as well.

I'm curious as to why you switched C6 to C3? C6's are probably the only ones after the C3 that I'd even bother with. That blue C6 is pretty nice, there must be a story behind the switch?! Or was it just the look of the C3 you couldn't resist?

Enjoy.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Beautiful car! I love the early C3's, too. It looks really straight. Now, get out there and clean that engine bay. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
sounds like a pretty fair price for a #'s matching '69. Looks great :thumbsup:

don't hesitate to ask lots of questions here in the C3 section. We're always happy to help :cheers:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Great choice. :thumbsup:

I also love the sexy lines of the C3s!! :partyon::partyon:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You and I are in the same boat as my previous owner decided to switch hoods as well.

I'm curious as to why you switched C6 to C3? C6's are probably the only ones after the C3 that I'd even bother with. That blue C6 is pretty nice, there must be a story behind the switch?! Or was it just the look of the C3 you couldn't resist?

Enjoy.
There really isn't much of a story. I had always wanted an early C3, but I have always lusted after whatever the current new Vette is as well. I loved my C6 and REALLY wish I could afford both. The C3 is a prettier car but the C6 does share some of the same lines and it's much more practical.

But one day it sort of just hit me... I thought "man, I would like a '69 just as much as this C6 if not more, and these days they are pretty affordable. I bet I could get one and save a lot of money in the long run." It just made a lot of sense to me to have a $16k car that would be worth $30k someday instead of a $30k car that would be worth $16k someday. Its working out great too. My monthly payment is much lower, and I enjoy my '69 even more than the '05. People constantly drool over it too. I used to get maybe one comment a week, and now everyday I drive my vette I get tons of compliments.

But don't get me wrong, I still want a newer Corvette someday! If I am in a strong financial position when the C6 Z06s and ZR1s are hitting the bottom of their depreciation curve, I am going to snag one.... unless I like the C7s even better. 2 vettes in the garage sounds perfect to me.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Welcome to the club! Thats a great looking car.
:thumbsup:

Im digging the LT1 hood and the gold paint.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,776 Posts
Good luck with the car and enjoy it. You can work on these too compared to the c6 but then the c6 is more reliable and comfortable.
I have a 69 4 spd vert just sitting in my garage now 7 years waiting for me to get back to it. I drove it everyday back in the early 80's- rain,snow, I didn't care.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It just made a lot of sense to me to have a $16k car that would be worth $30k someday instead of a $30k car that would be worth $16k someday

SO TRUE! ..only takes buying a couple of new/near new cars to decide maybe something that would go up ..or at least hold its value is the way to go .
if your mechanically inclined dont mind tinkering a bit and like cars, the vette especially C3 right now is the best way to go in a hobby/driver.

vettes were built to be the best chevy offered at the time,they were out of reach of the average teenager (my god the things i done to Camaros Mustangs and Trans Ams in my early years ) so there are plenty out there to find that havent been molested if your patient and look...and its the one car that everyone knows and loves ..people seem to always drop there chevy hate when the vette rolls up

grats !!:partyon:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I would like to see a C6 in that color. One of the first cars that really turned me on to the sporty car thing was bought by one of my 6th grade teachers - a single guy, kind of a playboy, that all of us younger guys thought was our role model for the future. He bought a brand new '62 Impala SS 2-dr hardtop in "Anniversay Gold". If it wasn't the same color as yours, it was very close. I wish some Photoshop whiz kid would "paint" a C6 this color for grins. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts